Upstream Transporter - Redwood Valley (Temporary)
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited too, come work with us!
We’re looking for a temporary Upstream Transporter to join our team in Redwood Valley. As an Upstream Transporter, you are responsible for picking up product from farms and delivering product to our processing and distribution hubs throughout the state.
The temporary position will be from 9/1/19-1/1/20. Temporary workers are not eligible for employee benefits, except as required by applicable law.
What You'll Do
- Conduct inspections of vehicle before departing to deliver goods; maintain vehicle
- Ensure timely pickup and delivery of goods to predetermined customers on specific routes, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading trucks and providing exceptional customer service to our client base
- Pack and load products onto trucks according to company’s specifications
- Pickup product from farmers on assigned routes
- Deliver product to processing and distribution hubs; other locations/businesses as needed
- Conduct exhaustive on-site verification of orders with clients at the point of delivery
- Maintain ongoing communication with Route Dispatcher/Logistics Specialist
- Obtain delivery confirmations from each Farmer, Hub and Client via our state transfer manifest process
- Accurately manage inventory and cash
- Plan and execute routes as needed
- Be a problem solver -- handle customer service issues promptly and appropriately
What You'll Need
- Experience in a retail or delivery environment
- Prior experience with long distance driving and handling of delicate and high valued product (preferred)
- Professional appearance and attitude a must
- Ability to self-manage and efficiently execute tasks
- Team player -- willing to wear multiple hats and help where needed
- Strong mental math skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move up and down stairs as needed
- Ability to drive/sit in a vehicle for prolonged periods of time
- Valid driver's license with less than three points
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else. We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown.
Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.