Manufacturing Operator, Extraction
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Manufacturing Operator is responsible for taking product and using company methods and procedures to extract cannabis oils in quality, high-end products. The Manufacturing Operator is expected to operate under the highest standards of compliance, professionalism and accuracy.
What you'll do
- Produce quality extracted product according to company procedure and policies
- Fulfill orders as directed by the supervisor
- Conduct extraction process in a safe and accurate manner
- Use a variety of equipment including but not limited to: extraction vessels, scales, presses, centrifuges, induction burners, and thermometers
- Adhere to all safety requirements throughout shift and perform daily safety and maintenance checks on equipment
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment, work surfaces and tools
- Properly document all extraction workflow and data to ensure process integrity
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory counts of supplies and materials for the laboratory
- Perform other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned
What you'll need
- HS diploma or GED required, degree preferred
- 1+ years experience with extraction processes preferred; manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to stand, crouch, lift, push and pull items and equipment of varying weight and sizes
- Be highly organized, clean, and efficient
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Basic math skills required
- Computer experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Must be 21 years of age
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.