Director, Communications & PR
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited too, come work with us!
We're looking for an experienced communications leader who will design and implement marketing strategies that cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audience, and boost our brand awareness. The perfect candidate will be an entrepreneurial and resourceful self-starter who is comfortable working in an ambiguous and fast-changing environment.
What you'll do
- Communications Strategy — Develop comprehensive, multi-dimensional communications strategy to ensure effective and transparent communications to farmers, customers, consumers, investors, employees, and other key stakeholders regarding Flow Kana’s business.
- Key efforts to include the increase in overall brand awareness, product sell-through and reputation to key local, state-wide, national and vertical audiences including environmental, agricultural, wellness and medical communities.
- Develop and execute against strategy for new community, product, initiative and market launches outside existing footprint.
- PR Execution — Collaborate, drive and manage PR agencies to develop targeted audience media pitches, execute news announcements and proactive press briefings, tours and events.
- Develop, manage and maintain key media relationships for the organization.
- Work closely with management to identify regular cadence of news release opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for unique story angles, speaking engagements, interviews, round tables and networking for internal subject matter experts and executives.
- Coordinate and manage all outside PR, content development and design service consultants and vendors in partnership with Content Marketing Manager and Chief Marketing Officer.
- Messaging — Form and implement cohesive storytelling around the Flow Kana brand in written and spoken formats, to include distinct concepts, vocabulary and voice unique to the company.
- Author a full range of documents (press releases, case studies, marketing materials, speeches, talking points and website) in partnership with relevant internal and external stakeholders, CEO, Co-Founders, and Chief Marketing Officer.
- Edit and provide direction on written work of other team members, as appropriate.
- Manage the writing and development of high level documents such as messaging platforms and PR Plans.
- Prepare FAQs and talking points for a myriad of customer service and online community questions.
- Coach internal subject matter experts for external communications including media interviews, speaking engagements, etc.
- Planning — Set quarterly and annual PR objectives aligned with company goals in collaboration with Chief Executive Officer and Chief Marketing Officer, HR, marketing, sales, policy and farmer relations teams.
- Internal Communications — Coordinate internal messaging around board/stakeholder events and company-wide all-hands meetings.
- Ensure messaging is aligned with company goals and brand as well as ensuring it is audience appropriate.
- Work closely with HR to understand employee initiatives and support in effective execution.
What you'll need
- 8+ years experience driving communications and public relations strategies in B2B or CPG sector. Corporate communications experience a must.
- 3+ years experience in crisis communications a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, English, journalism or related field required.
- Experience managing and building integrated communications strategies and campaigns. Preference for environmental, corporate social responsibility, or agricultural expertise.
- Demonstrated expertise in local community engagement and participation with industry associations and/or advocacy groups.
- Role is both strategic and tactical; ability to help shape the story and execute on distributing and amplifying.
- Availability for 25% in-state travel
- Comfortable working in a remote and in-office culture
- Experience working with executive leadership teams and ability to build relationships with thought leaders and subject matter experts within the organization.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to drive projects through to completion.
- Critical ability to demonstrate authenticity, transparency and build trust among internal and external stakeholders.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.