Accounts Payable Specialist
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Payable Specialist to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
What you'll do
- Participate in daily operations of the Accounts Payable function
- Manage vendor communication, requests, and documents
- Enter vendor invoices into accounting software and properly classify to correct GL accounts
- Own and maintain the AP process
- Implement new tools and processes to create efficiencies in the current process while helping to plan for full migration to new ERP system
- Review invoice approvals and manage systems hierarchy to ensure proper oversight
- Assist in year-end 1099 filings
- Participate in ad hoc accounting analysis & projects for management – ex. AP automation
- Prepare balance sheet schedules in accordance with month end close
- Compile and organize support for year-end audit requests
- Communicate regularly with both the Controller, internal Accounting team, and various departments
- Provide overall support for the Accounting function
What you'll need
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- 4+ years proven working experience in AP or accounting-related role
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Strong work ethic
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with building systems & SOPs
- Been part of rapidly scaling business
- Exceptional integrity and judgment
- Constantly striving to improve systems
- Nice to haves: Prior leadership & management skills
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.