Senior/Staff Software Engineer
Technology – Flow Engineering /
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
As an early member of our engineering team, you will directly contribute to the overall technical direction of the organization and be responsible for architecting, developing, and implementing fault-tolerant, highly-available, and scalable APIs and web services that support crucial functionality and services to residents, building staff, and operations teams.
- Design, develop, and implement complex systems or solutions to meet the needs of our customers and internal teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional as we all as other engineering teams to define clear requirements and translate them into scalable and maintainable software solutions
- Help recruit, hire, and provide technical guidance and mentorship to other engineers
- Play a key role in architectural and systems-level decisions to ensure the scalability, reliability, and security of our systems
- Experience working in product & operations-heavy organizations
- A minimum 10 years of software engineering experience building scalable software in engineering-centric organizations
- Deep understanding of the principles challenges of ensuring high availability, fault tolerance, and efficiency in distributed systems
- Experience mentoring and leading other engineers. We are seeking candidates who have either direct management experience or a strong desire to take on such responsibilities
- A keen ability to strike a balance between elegant design and pragmatic tradeoffs, all while prioritizing continuous delivery of value to the business
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new programming languages as required
- Experience building software in fast-moving startup environments
$190,000 - $230,000 a year
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• Paid-Time Off
• Commuter benefits
• 401(k) Plan
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.