Technical Operations Manager
Technology – Flow Engineering /
Salaried, full-time /
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
As the Technical Operations Manager, your primary responsibility will be to oversee the security and access control systems, in addition to addressing all technical issues related to the hardware systems within our buildings. The ideal candidate has a strong background in access control technologies, video intercom systems, smart locks, networking, VoIP systems, and a thorough understanding of security protocols. You will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that our technical infrastructure operates seamlessly.
- Configure, troubleshoot issues within a variety of integrated access control systems within our portfolio
- Educate the operations and engineering team on use
- Establish and maintain access control policies for individual users and groups
- Set up and manage Video Management Systems (VMS) in both cloud-based and on-premise environments
- Configure and maintain VoIP systems, including RingCentral
- Utilize service desk systems, such as ZenDesk, to resolve technical issues and address user inquiries
- Collaborate with both internal and external departments as well as stakeholders to align with business-specific technical requirements related to access control and security systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Experience successfully managing access control systems and implementing security technologies
- Strong networking knowledge and expertise with the router hardware including static IP, DNS, DMZ configuration, firewall administration, TCP port forwarding, and whitelisting
- Experience integrating SDKs and APIs to enhance system functionality
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Project management experience is preferred
- Experience with low voltage wiring, hardware installation, and VMS configuration is preferred
• Fully employer-paid benefits (Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life)
• Paid time off and 13 paid holidays
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP), free therapy through SpringHealth, acupuncture, and other wellness offerings
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and hires regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.