Staff Software Engineer - Hardware Integration Specialist
New York, NY
Technology – Flow Engineering /
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer who will focus on hardware integrations to join our dynamic team. As a Software Engineer specializing in hardware integrations, you will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining software solutions that interact with smart locks, IoT devices, and various other hardware systems. Your expertise will be essential in bridging the gap between software applications and physical devices, ensuring seamless communication and functionality. This is a high impact role that will focus on delivering functionality that is crucial to our residents, building staff members, and internal operations
- Design, develop, and maintain robust software solutions for efficient management and control of smart locks, IoT devices, and various other hardware systems
- Gain a deep understanding of hardware APIs and protocols, and utilize them to facilitate communication between software applications and hardware devices
- Effectively navigate the various proprietary hardware systems and APIs with an eye towards designing abstraction layers that make working with hardware easy and ergonomic for other software engineers
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation, including integration guides, API specifications, and troubleshooting procedures
- A minimum 10 years of software engineering experience. Bonus points for experience integrating with hardware devices, such as smart locks, cameras, intercoms
- Experience working in product & operations-heavy organizations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to troubleshoot hardware integration issues and develop effective solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to interact with external hardware vendors in order to obtain expert knowledge of their hardware and software products
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new programming languages as required
- Experience building software in fast-moving startup environments
$190,000 - $250,000 a year
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• Paid-Time Off
• Commuter benefits
• 401(k) Plan
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.