New York City / Miami / Austin / Dallas / Atlanta
Finance – Flow Finance /
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior accountant to join the corporate finance team at Flow! This role will be working closely with leaders in the finance team and corporate management. This individual would be familiar with a variety of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures, embraces challenges and can rely on his/her experience, educational background and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for performing accurate processing of accounting transactions and related internal controls. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, strong communicator, and advocate for strong policies and processes. We are looking for a CPA with strong understanding of the real-estate industry, US GAAP, internal controls with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Full range of month-end and year-end accounting close procedures including preparing various reconciliations, booking journal entries and creating schedules to support various accounting treatments
- Lead and support technical accounting projects
- Maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations and other miscellaneous schedules
- Partner with FP&A on budget/forecast and close results
- Design, document, implement, and execute internal controls to ensure transactions and balances are accurately reported
- Support external audit by providing timely and accurate support schedules as requested
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and tasks as requested
- Undergraduate degree in accounting with 2 - 4 years of progressive accounting experience (ideally with a mix of public and private experience)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial statement preparation and analysis
- Excellent organizational abilities, customer service orientation, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Sage or similar ERP
- Experience with SQL or Python a plus
- CPA preferred but not required
$95,000 - $135,000 a year
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• Paid-Time Off
• Commuter benefits
• 401(k) Plan
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.