Brand Design Director
New York, NY /
Marketing – Flow Marketing /
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly creative design leader to help translate Flow’s ideas and vision into a visual language and graphic identity that is seen and recognized around the world. As our first in-house Brand Design hire you will provide design direction for all applications of the Flow brand and set high standards from early stages of ideation through execution. You will shape the design strategy, operating model, and solutions for Flow alongside key leaders and cross-functional partners all committed to building a category-defining brand that people love.
This role will oversee design elements across a variety of formats including web, social media, content, experiential, print, and in physical applications within Flow’s portfolio of buildings. As a key design leader at the company, this person will also support high visibility internal design needs and help operationalize the brand for all Flow employees.
The ideal candidate is comfortable navigating complexity, thrives in a dynamic environment, and is highly collaborative. You’re an outside-the-box thinker with massive creative ambition and the ability to make audacious ideas a reality.
- Provide brand design direction and set high standards for Flow’s approach to the design of creative brand assets
- Partner with product, business, operations, and marketing leads to elevate our brand, internal collaboration, and resident experience through creative thinking and design
- As the custodian of the Flow brand and its visual identity, this role will work closely with the product design team to ensure the product honors Flow’s highest order ambition and delivers a best in class experience
- Incorporate data and customer insights in order to create concepts, prototypes, and high fidelity designs that are highly resonant
- Create a unified design system that increases the use of brand assets and empowers the Flow team to scale brand application effectively and efficiently
- Drive and deliver multiple design projects simultaneously, and ultimately build a best-in-class design team
- Work cross-functionally on integrated projects, products, and brand/marketing experiences that drive business outcomes and uphold a high bar, reflecting Flow’s vision, mission, and values.
- 10 years experience with a track record of shipping inspiring, well-crafted work
- Experience inside a rapidly growing start-up or consumer brand is preferred
- Led and inspired a team of highly skilled designers in a prior role
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Expertise in the design process and ability to effectively lead others through it
- Highly aware of and engaged in culture with a clear perspective/understanding of ‘cultural cool’
- Proficiency in various design tools/software including Adobe suite and Figma
- Must provide link to a diverse portfolio of compelling design work that illustrates your ability to lead design projects from inception through completion
$180,000 - $200,000 a year
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• Paid-Time Off
• Commuter benefits
• 401(k) Plan
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.