Site Reliability Engineer
Dallas, TX /
Technology – Flow Engineering /
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
SREs are critical partners to the development teams at Flow. You will be dedicated full-time to creating software that improves the reliability of systems in production, including fixing issues, responding to incidents, taking on-call responsibilities, as well as providing monitoring support.
- Ensure operational readiness, scalability, fault tolerance, resiliency, security, and observability of the AWS Cloud Platform
- Engage, influence, and evangelize SRE practices with development and operations teams so that these practices become integral part of development and operational activities
- Participate in compliance activities, e.g. ISO27K , PCI-DSS etc.
- Troubleshoot and solve production problems that may arise taking a holistic approach. Perform Root Cause Analysis of the problem, document lessons learned, best possible solution and disseminate them to the Engineering and Operations team
- Cloud native experience, AWS preferred (3-4 years)
- Experience in serverless computing (AWS Lambda), Security, Isolation, composability in the Microservices Architecture
- Network Configuration and Security in a typical AWS deployment.
- CI/CD using AWS Cloudformation, AWS CodeDeploy, Bitbucket pipeline, Terraform
- Basic Linux experience - scripting
- Basic Knowledge of AWS Firewall, AWS Load Balancer, AWS WAF, AWS API Gateway
- Basic programming and scripting experience
- Experience with AWS Cognito and AWS DocumentDB
- Experience with AWS Logging and Monitoring products : AWS Cloudtrail , Amazon Cloudwatch and Amazon GuardDuty
Salary: $110,000 - $175,000
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• Paid-Time Off
• Commuter benefits
• 401(k) Plan
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.