Facilities Technician I
Operations – Facilities Management /
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
As a Facilities Technician, your primary role will be to ensure the proper maintenance, organization, and cleanliness of facilities. You will play a vital role in upholding compliance with applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives related to building operations and work safety. In addition, you will utilize trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and painting to perform basic repairs and maintenance tasks. You will also escort and supervise contractors while performing work as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Respond and attend to maintenance repair requests
- Conduct inspections of tools, equipment, and machines to ensure proper functionality
- Support in maintaining inventory, parts, and supplies as needed
- Demonstrate ability to safely and effectively operate hand and power tools and other technical equipment needed to perform repairs and maintenance tasks
- Assist with surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb(s) and A/C filter replacement, and clean-up as needed
- Adhere to all company policies and strict safety and security protocols, including reporting any maintenance issues, safety hazards, accidents and incidents
- Ensure compliance by successfully completing safety training and obtaining relevant certifications
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, support the team in achieving common goals, listen to concerns raised and provide appropriate responses
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum 2 years of relevant experience with building maintenance and repairs
- Working knowledge of basic repairs and maintenance related to carpentry, hardware, plumbing and electrical required
- Working skills in the following areas, including strong proficiency in at least one: air conditioning, refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry, vehicles, energy conservation, and building management
- Ability to promptly respond to work orders and other communications (e.g: text, email)
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
$20 - $21 an hour
• Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans (fully employer-paid options exist)
• Paid Time Off
• Spending Accounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.