Senior Product Designer
New York, NY
Technology – Flow Design /
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
At Flow, we strive to fundamentally change what renters expect from their homes. To achieve our mission, we'll have to bring the worlds of real estate, property management, and financial services together in harmony, while maintaining relentlessly high standards in everything that we do. That is why we are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Product Designer to be the founding member of our Design team and to take ownership of the end-to-end design process for our mobile app.
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the user journey and lead our efforts to deliver exceptional user experiences. In addition to being an integral part of our design team, you will collaborate effectively with other teams at Flow, helping establish processes for seamless engagement and work with Design. Your expertise will contribute to shaping Flow’s brand story and naturally evangelizing our brand, fostering a sense of excitement and loyalty among our user base.
A portfolio is required for consideration.
- Help drive the user experience of our product from conception to launch in partnership with product management, engineering, and the executive team
- Deeply understand our users (residents, onsite staff, et. al.), their pain points, and how they use the product
- Conduct and evangelize user research to ensure a common and thorough understanding of our usersGuide the development and evolution of our brand, voice, and strategy as Flow evolves as a company and productCollaborate effectively with other teams at Flow and help establish processes for these teams to engage and work with Design
- Help us define Flow’s brand’s story and naturally evangelize our brand
- A minimum 7 years of relevant work in a creative field, with a diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates experience across some combination of mobile apps, web, experiential marketing, advertising, social, and sales
- Strong communicator and collaborator; experience working with executives and leaders
- Be willing to embrace the startup mentality and roll-up your sleeves with a can-do attitude
- Passion for mentoring and coaching creative teams, as well as attracting new talent
- A keen eye for detail and craftsmanship while also considerate of deadlines and constraints
- Familiarity with marketing technology platforms and operations
- Passion for reflecting and iteratively improving your process
Salary: $135,000 - $225,000
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• Paid-Time Off
• Commuter benefits
• 401(k) Plan
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.