Technology – Flow Engineering /
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
As an early member of our engineering team, you will be the founding quality engineer and will directly contribute to the definition of software quality practices, testing processes, and automation frameworks. This role will combine test case definition, hands-on execution, and the automation of regression tests and tooling. Your work will help us deliver functionality frequently, reliably, and with high quality to residents, building staff, and operations teams.
- Assure quality of new features through requirements feedback and test case definition
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in test execution efforts
- Report defects, perform bug fix verification, and promote bug prevention
- Automate end-to-end regression tests via the mobile app, backend regression tests via the API, and maintain health of resulting automated test suites
- Develop test tooling to support testing of complex workflows involving hardware integrations, payments processing, and other tricky targets
- Advocate for and promote best Quality Engineering practices across the team
- Experience working in product & operations-heavy organizations
- 6+ years of software quality assurance engineering experience, including complex software products and mobile applications
- Knowledge of QA methodology, industry-standard testing, and bug tracking tools
- Test automation expertise in Java or Python using Appium, Selenium or other code-first automation frameworks
- Experience developing test strategies, test plans, and test cases
- Proven track record of mentoring and guiding other engineers in the implementation of quality best practices
- Ability to advocate for quality and enhancing user experience
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally and with distributed teams
- Experience releasing quality software in fast-moving startup environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
$180,000 - $230,000 a year
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• Paid-Time Off
• Commuter benefits
• 401(k) Plan
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.