Backend Engineer (Golang)
Canada - Remote /
NB: this job opening is for a remote employee in Canada
At Flowmill, we are maniacally focused on eliminating cloud application failure by building tools that quickly and automatically pinpoint service disruption -- both caused externally from faults in cloud infrastructure and API providers, and internally from bugs and configuration errors. The underlying tech (developed at MIT) is unique in its extremely low-overhead collection and analysis, its full coverage, and its ability to be deployed in minutes with no code changes or configuration. These allow Flowmill to provide SREs and DevOps engineers with smart alerts and a complete, easy-to-read picture of their deployment -- dramatically accelerating fault resolution.
This is a chance to join a small, rockstar team with backgrounds at Facebook, Google, and VMware and change the way engineers achieve high availability and performance in their production applications.
What you'll do
- Implement components that analyze and cross-reference time series data.
- Design and implement database layouts for holding customer data and configuration.
- Craft API to be consumed by the frontend and directly by our customers (via SDK).
- Create components that enhance functionality by interacting with external APIs (e.g., Slack, PagerDuty, AWS billing, and more).
- Implement self-service signup and components to manage customer life-cycle.
- 4+ years of development experience building enterprise-class backends
- 2+ years of experience developing in Golang in industry within the past 4 years
- (Desirable) Experience with gRPC, Protobuf, MySQL, JWT.
- (Optional) Experience with AWS-based infrastructure, Kafka, Prometheus, Linux, DevOps/SRE.