Network and Power controls Engineer
Bangalore, India /
Product – Program Management /
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
In this role as a Network and Power controls Engineer, you will support the project execution team in resolving project issues and in troubleshooting site-specific issues related to Network systems and communication.
Ability to work with a global team.
A candidate for this role needs to have the strong engineering skills listed below, be comfortable with ambiguity, and be eager to work with individuals from various backgrounds.
You will be working with high-performing cross-functional teams for project completion.
Strong ability in driving site issues and proficiency in English communication and writing.
Key role and responsibilities
- Develop product-specific controls configuration files and deploy controls to project control systems.
- Troubleshooting the Network solution, Installation.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting the network equipment including the routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN, V-LAN, DNS, and DHCP systems.
- Investigating the Troubleshooting faults in the network system.
- Configuration of firewalls, routers, and network security.
- Work with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot site-specific issues specific to plant controls, battery systems, and inverter control systems.
- Possess Strong expertise in Battery energy storage system controls, electrical system engineering, and Inverter controls.
- Supporting the Testing activities at the site (remotely). Taking the lead of technical issues at the site.
- Knowledge of Linux OS configuration.
- Demonstrate Fluence values.
- Required Experience:
- 5– 10 years of experience in the Battery energy storage systems & Network control configuration specific to the Battery energy storage controls system.
- BS in Electrical or Electronics engineering from an accredited university
- Solid background in Network architecture (Physical and Data)
- In-depth understanding of communication (TCP/IP, etc.,) and routing protocols.
- Must have hands-on experience on various interfaces like MODBUS,
- PROFIBUS, OPC, IEC-104, IEC61850, etc.
- Familiarity with access control models and network security.
- Solid understanding of network operating systems
- Proven success on challenging projects where you made key contributions while demonstrating ownership, creativity, and initiative.
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in working on the Solar/ BES electrical system.
- Skills in logic development in control systems using PLC languages like FBD ST,
- Knowledge of the functional architecture of Microgrids such as solar and wind power plants /battery integration
#Li Onsite # Li Hybrid
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.