Senior Operations Manager
Bangalore, India /
Information Technology – Information Technology /
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Senior Operations Manager role at Fluence will be responsible for maintaining and executing organizational policies and procedures for change management, configuration management, infrastructure and release and deployment management, service monitoring, support and people management. It requires a thorough understanding of all components of a modern web application stack, including front-end, backend, database, networking, and systems-level knowledge. The ideal candidate will bring forward innovative and creative ideas around performance, security, CI/CD and system design in order to help us build and roll out technology solutions for Fluence employees. As one of the lead managers for Infrastructure & Operations team in India region, candidate will also act as matrixed manager for regional support teams.
As the Senior Operations Manager at Fluence, you will:
- Manage a operations team of 4-5 engineers to maintain SLAs of systems, proactive reviews of systems, and health, initiation and execution of projects to further improve systems resiliency.
- Act as escalation point and support members of India-based global InfraOps team.
- Manage contract hires and manage vendors.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and application system tuning.
- Design and implement innovation solutions that improve software development velocity, infrastructure resiliency, security, and data availability.
- Progress adoption and maximize efficiency of DevOps tooling and practice.
- Address critical severity issues with full support and accountability of core engineering team.
- Manage and oversee proactive reviews and audits of production systems, issue triage and follow up.
- Recommend and facilitate implementation of infrastructure enhancements as required to maintain systems performing in response to business growth.
- Allocate resources and prioritize regular maintenance and operations activities.
- Manage and facilitate security processes and best practices.
- Identify requirements and oversee implementation of monitors and escalation procedures.
What will you bring to Fluence?
- 7+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering.
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing direct and indirect reports.
- Familiarity with a wide range of systems engineering tools, including source code repository hubs, continuous integration services, issue tracking, test automation, deployment automation, development team collaboration, and project management.
- Knowledge of Communication Platforms, such as MS Teams and Slack.
- Knowledge cloud computing, such as MS Azure and AWS.
- Experience with ServiceNow (ITSM, ITOM, App Builder/Engine, Integration Hub).
- Strong talent management skills including talent development, coaching, mentoring, and team motivation.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand and drive business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.