Energy Storage Commissioning Engineer
Engineering – Commissioning /
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- Commission Fluence Projects working in cooperation with multiple project stakeholders including Fluence construction managers, contractors, suppliers, automation teams, control system steams, etc.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans including resourcing and scheduling.
- Lead commissioning efforts to achieve commercial operations, and handover from delivery/construction team to the O&M team for each project.
- Define, develop and execute testing protocols based on industry-accepted practices, market rules, local utility requirements, off-taker and third-party supply contracts.
- Oversee complete commissioning and acceptance testing of the following systems: 1) project networks, communications, and control systems; 2) balance of plant relay protection, metering, HVAC, fire suppression, and electrical systems; 3) battery subsystems; 4) inverter subsystems.
- Undergraduate degree in a related engineering field with 5 to 7 years of professional work experience in a related field, such as industrial/utility construction, commissioning, project management, performance testing, and troubleshooting.
- Willing and able to manage commissioning at field locations located domestically and internationally. Must be willing to accept work assignments that require extensive (>90%) overnight travel from home, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to provide effective remote technical support as needed to other commissioning teams.
- Demonstrated hands-on field experience in an electric utility-scale or process-heavy industrial environment, including but not limited to equipment and instrumentation acceptance testing, performance testing, troubleshooting, installation, startup/shutdowns, commissioning, and turnarounds.
- Proven success on challenging projects where you made key contributions while demonstrating ownership, creativity, and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in engineering design; ability to write specifications and work plans for others to implement.
- Passion for your work, and communication skills such that your passion motivates colleagues, clients, suppliers, and contractors.
- Desire to learn new skills, business applications and equipment platforms.
- Able to manage multiple overlapping projects. Manage and resolve scheduling conflicts with key stakeholders. Delegate and manage workload of the site commissioning team. Identifies skill gaps and scheduling concerns in pre-commissioning to identify and manage those required resources.
- Cooperative and effective in a collaborative yet informally structured work environment. Desire to take responsibility and initiative. Proven capability in managing contractors and working in a matrix organization on fast-moving projects.
- Experience managing teams of technicians in the electric power industry, or similar field.
- Knowledge and experience in installation, operation, testing and commissioning of switchgears, protective relays, power transformers and grid-tie inverters.
- Able to read and interpret electrical drawings. Knowledgeable in operation of testing equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with SCADA protocols such as: IEC60870-5-101/103/104, IEC61850MMS, DNP3 & Modbus.
- Working knowledge on PLC (Siemens S7 & Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC), soft logic IEC 61131, SEL Relays & Meters, Siemens Relays & Meters & SCADA Gateways & Data Concentrators.
- Experience with Managed Ethernet Switches, Media Converters (Fiber & Serial).
- Knowledge of the design, operation and maintenance of high voltage electrical equipment including but not limited to inverters, transformers, controllers.
Questions? Message your Talent Acquisition Partner Directly: Gera Cruz
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.