Business Development Manager
Taipei, Taiwan /
Corporate & Market Strategy – Global Markets /
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- Identify new market segments, applications, business models, sales channel, contracting models, and delivery models/partner strategies for review, prioritization, and implementation based on approved go to market strategy for region.
- Understand, research and perform market segmentation of key customers by region and application, including working with leadership to develop and implement regional or application specific go to market plans.
- Engage both analytically and at policy level with customers and stakeholders to drive market opening; collaborate with Market Applications team in region.
- Technoeconomic modeling of various use cases including solar + storage, frequency regulation, demand charge reduction, microgrids, and peaking capacity
- Develop and manage approved sales channels through the formulation, adoption, and management of sales/marketing programs/policies.
- Capture customer commercial, technical and application requirements, as well as problem(s) to be solved, to help define the customer’s solution.
- Negotiate commercial and technical aspects of customer/supplier contract(s)
- Develop a deep understanding for the Fluence’s platforms and provide sales teams with technical support as well as product configuration guidance / costing to drive successful equipment only and turnkey sales.
- Experience in energy industry and strong understanding of market fundamentals driving broad investment decisions in the sector
- Experience building and maintaining analytic models. Experience in R, Matlab, Python, or similar (preferred)
- Share our belief of how our work improves lives by lowering the cost of electricity, increasing electric reliability and resiliency, and creating a cleaner, more sustainable grid
- Desire to work collaboratively in entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and communicate results; Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with a strong customer mindset
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering (Electrical Preferred)
- Ability to review contracts and technical requirements
- Previous experience working with engineering firms is a plus
- Knowledge of applicable local standards, codes and regulations in Asia (preferred)
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 50% of the time.
- Foreign language abilities (Asian Languages preferred)
Questions? Message your Talent Acquisition Partner Directly: Gera Cruz
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.