Global Compliance Strategy Engineer - Battery Energy Storage Systems
Houston, TX, USA
Product – Architecture & Systems /
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THIS POSTION
Location: Hybrid (2-3 days in office) in Houston, TX
The role of a Compliance Strategy Engineer (CSE) is to develop and execute an effective compliance strategy that aligns with the company's business goals and objectives.
Play a crucial role in creating a culture of compliance within the company and ensure that requirements from standards are embedded in all aspects of the business related to energy storage systems. Their efforts contribute to the company's reputation, sustainability, and long-term success in the industry.
What does a Global Compliance Engineer do at Fluence?
- Design and development of a comprehensive compliance program tailored to the specific regulatory requirements and industry standards applicable to the energy storage systems sector.
- Responsible for tracking applicable safety standards.
- Analysis of implications and obligations of new standards and state the impact on our Fluence products.
- Communicate results of the analysis and coordinate with R&D and systems engineering teams.
- Determines product safety approval test scope, develops a preliminary plan of compliance, and determines project specifications such as cost, lead time, and sample requirements
- Assist in certifying, testing and support solution creation due to certifying test issues
- Examines test samples, read and understand the blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and operational instructions. Evaluates existing product specification versus upcoming changes on regulations / standards and provides feedback to the technical teams
- Conduct risk assessments to identify potential compliance risks and vulnerabilities within the products. Based on the findings, develop strategies to mitigate these risks and ensure adherence to relevant laws, regulations and standards.
- Regular reporting to compliance & certification team and relevant stakeholders to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Monitoring & Reporting of changes on relevant standards
- Participation at Monthly Safety & Compliance meeting
- Interact with regulatory authorities, industry associations, and other relevant stakeholders to build positive relationships and stay informed about compliance trends and best practices
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Knowledge and experience are required related to BESS/ESS related IEC/ISO/UL/IEEE and other battery related standards
- Experience leading quantitative and qualitative analyses is required
- Success working independently, handling multiple tasks, and determining priorities in a team environment balanced by an ability to collaborate effectively and translate smoothly across multiple disciplines or functional groups
- Deep understanding of battery systems
- Experience in creating Hazard and Risk Analysis / Risk Assessments acc. ISO12100 / IEC 61508 or similar
- Experience with regional and global regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of battery related standards such as IEC62619 / UL1973 / IEC62933-5-1/-2 / UL9540 / UL9540A / NFPA855
- Participation in compliance / standard related councils
- Willingness to travel
$0 - $0 a year
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.