Project Execution – Project Management /
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Project Manager plays a pivotal and leading role in the successful delivery of energy storage projects, contributing to the growth and sustainability of renewable energy sources and grid stability. This role requires a blend of technical expertise, superior project management skills, and a passion for delivering high-quality, sustainable energy solutions.
The role of the Project Manager is to lead the execution of projects to achieve successful completion meeting or exceeding the expectations of all stakeholders. The Project Manager is the valued and trusted partner of the end customer, with a primary focus to safely and sustainably deliver on time and on budget, identifying and reducing project risks, and proactively identifying enhancement opportunities.
This position will report into the Director of Projects for SEA/IND and requires an autonomous and pragmatic individual who has experience working in a matrixed and virtual environment, managing multiple stakeholders, working on large scale EPC projects as part of a global team.
Experience within Energy Storage markets is an advantage but is not mandatory. With a passion to learn, an agile mindset and comfort working in a fast-paced new technology led environment is essential.
- Lead the battery energy storage project from NTP through to successful handover to operations, working in close collaboration with all relevant functional groups.
- Coordinate internal and external functional contributors, contractors, and partners.
- Build and nurture relationships with design and construct partners, equipment providers and other partners through the Project Delivery phase.
- Provide leadership and guidance in project planning to the entire Fluence organization including collaboration with internal engineering, procurement, manufacturing, testing, installation, commissioning, and business administration groups.
- Proactively collaborate with customers, suppliers, partners, sales and senior management as necessary to ensure full life cycle project deliverables are met.
- Participate in business improvement projects including documenting and communicating initial project plans and any changes to the plan.
- Achieve as a minimum the time, quality and financial performance targets of the project and proactively implement plans to exceed targets and maintaining and enhancing customer and project team satisfaction.
- Smoothly and successfully transfer the project to the Fluence Service organization at completion.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum 8+ years relevant experience in an energy sector engineering and/or battery storage related field. An ability to interact in a multicultural environment, travel and to work under pressure with conflicting demands on time are also very important.
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager with P&L responsibility.
- Superior leadership, collaboration, organizing and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrable ability working in a high-performance team within a virtual matrixed and global organization.
- Proven experience in energy sector EPC projects.
- Project Management qualification or certification.
- Familiarity with environmental and safety regulations in the energy sector.
- Market specific and/or domain specific (energy storage) project delivery experience is desirable.
Questions? Message your Talent Acquisition Partner Directly: Gera Cruz
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.