Field Service Engineer
Operations & Services – Regional Service /
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
• Conduct regular site visits to monitor and evaluate the performance of BESS installations.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues that may arise during field operations.
• Coordinate with project managers and technicians to ensure smooth project execution.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement best practices and improve operational efficiency.
• Develop and implement maintenance strategies to ensure the reliability and longevity of BESS equipment.
• Perform routine inspections, manage preventive maintenance, and repairs on BESS components.
• Create maintenance schedules and update documentation related to maintenance activities.
• Proactively identify and address potential maintenance issues to minimize downtime.
HV Switching and Permitting Systems
• Oversee high-voltage switching procedures and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Collaborate with local authorities and stakeholders to secure permits and approvals for BESS installations.
• Maintain accurate records of HV switching activities and permit documentation.
• Stay updated on relevant regulations and standards related to HV switching and permitting.
• Provide technical expertise during commissioning activities for new BESS installations.
• Collaborate with the commissioning team to test, validate, and optimize system performance.
• Identify and resolve commissioning-related issues, ensuring smooth project handover.
• Ability to interface with customers to explain technical issues and customer requests
• Present monthly, quarterly reports to customers as per contract
• Work with customer on contract related issues.
• Work with internal teams in preparation for regular customer reporting.
• A-Class Electricians license with relevant qualifications and/or experience in a HV environment.
• or, Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energy, or a related field.
• Experience in the renewable energy industry, preferably in field services or operations.
• Knowledge of battery energy storage systems (BESS) and their components.
• Familiarity with maintenance practices and techniques for renewable energy systems.
• Proficiency in HV switching procedures and compliance with safety regulations.
• Experience coordinating permitting processes with local authorities.
• Knowledge of commissioning processes and ability to provide technical support during commissioning activities.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
• Valid driver's license and willingness to travel to project sites as required.
Questions? Message your Talent Acquisition Partner Directly: Claudine Kaye De Villa
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.