Jr. Portfolio Finance Manager - Germany (m/f/d)
Finance – Finance /
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Commercial Project Manager is responsible for managing and tracking all commercial aspects of projects and service contracts under execution, using corporate systems including NetSuite Project Systems. This includes driving accounting compliance, ensuring adherence to commercial contract terms, executing financial and operational internal controls, driving and managing customer contract changes and supplier claims and maintaining operational excellence.
The position requires interfacing with many internal stakeholders as well as with outside construction contractors and service providers. This role requires a background in accounting/finance working with infrastructure/construction projects and long-term service contracts as well as Contract Management skills.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and assist w/common processes/procedures related to the administration of project and long-term service contracts
- Track and evaluate performance guarantees and general system performance under long term service contracts
- Work closely with project managers and service managers to provide timely transparency around project/contract budgets
- Manage construction subcontractors/vendors and maintenance providers to maintain project delivery timeline and quality met
- Use Contract Management capabilities to review and manage all contract documents; Claim and Change Order Negotiations; Risk and Opportunity Analysis
- Analyze and process project related documents (purchase requisitions, field orders, invoices, etc.)
- Organize the project reviews from start to the end of each contract including coordinating close-out process
- Drive to improve project performance through change orders and supplier claims Communicate financial matters with project teams to business units and executives
- Manage approved project budget and create cost breakdown structure in NetSuite at the line item level
- Forecast project spending and provide monthly accruals on work performed
- Monitor and audit reports to ensure accuracy and perform reconciliation of project financials
- Understand sales, property and personal tax requirements
Skills & Qualifications
- College degree with a major in accounting, business administration, engineering or equivalent training is required.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is an advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience managing construction related projects and long-term service contracts. Experience in Energy industry is an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of project related activities
- Detail oriented with strong time management and project management skills
- Contract Management skills
- High level of knowledge in use of Corporate Systems such as NetSuite Project Systems
- Demonstrated ability to interact with executive management
- Strong background in using MS Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Up to 25% travel as needed domestically and potentially globally
*This is a B level role for our Internal Referral Program
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.