Automation & Engineering – Automation /
Full Time /
Fluxergy is a rapidly growing biomedical company on the cutting edge of laboratory testing. We're developing a true multi-modal point of care device, the kind of which has never been conceived, and we'd love to have you as part of the team!
Our technologies span many markets including healthcare, veterinary, food safety, and wellness industries. We are seeking self-motivated problem solvers who are excited to help decentralize traditional laboratory infrastructure.
Our roots are squarely rooted in engineering. We pride ourself on critical thinking and solving problems pragmatically, from a modular and systems-level approach. We believe that open and clear communication along with the ability to adapt to changing situations and working outside of your comfort zone is paramount to our success and yours.
Our product: https://vimeo.com/176673475
About the Role
We are GROWING and looking for an impressive Automation Technician to join our team! This position will support our Product and Automation teams through the fabrication, building and testing of automated manufacturing equipment for Fluxergy’s point-of-use laboratory platform. You are the expert! You will have the opportunity to shape these processes and procedures and make a big impact on the future of the department and of Fluxergy as a whole.
In this role, you will also gain exposure to other aspects of Production and Automation, so if you are eager to expand your skillset and grow your career - this position is for you!
- Always be learning
What You Will Do
- Independently fabricate mechanical sub-assemblies, build and wire industrial control cabinets, route electrical cables and pneumatics, and assemble completed machinery.
- Drill, tap, and use other mechanical fabrication methods to successfully assemble machinery according to mechanical drawings.
- Fabricate and wire industrial control cabinets according to drawings.
- Neatly route pneumatic control systems according to schematics, drawings, and best practices.
- Fabricate simple brackets for mounting components.
- Assist engineers in procurement of subcomponents.
- Safely lift and move heavy equipment using gantries, forklifts, and pallet jacks.
- Support troubleshooting and repair tasks to minimize equipment downtime.
- Support team members on projects, as necessary.
- Brainstorm and problem-solve with team members.
- Perform other tasks as required.
What You'll Need to Have
- Minimum of 3 years of experience fabricating and assembling industrial equipment.
- Safely and comfortably use hand tools and power tools used for (but not limited to) drilling, tapping, hammering, and assembling.
- Hands-on machine shop and fabrication skills is a plus! (CNC/Manual milling, welding, sanding, sawing, grinding).
- Ability to interpret drawings and schematics for electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to safely move heavy equipment using a forklift, gantry, and/or pallet jack.
- Exposure to NFPA 70 is a plus!
- Capability to work independently with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
Our interview processes my differ slightly from role-to-role; however, most of our interviews will follow a similar pattern:
- Recruiter Interview
- Hiring Manager interview
- On-site Interview
We are an early-stage company and may change our interview process from time-to-time, but our hope is everyone who interviews with us has a positive experience, even if an offer isn’t presented.
Excellent Medical/Dental Benefits
- 99% medical benefit premiums paid by Fluxergy and covers employee, partner, and dependents
- 100% dental and vision premiums paid for employee, partner, and dependents
- 100% Life Insurance premiums paid for the employee
Work - Life Balance Minded Time Off
- 15 paid vacation days
- 2-week paid winter break
- 7 company paid holidays
- 5 paid sick days
A Work Culture Which Believes in Promoting from Within
- Wear lots of hats / accelerate your career growth!
- We are a flat organization by design – lots of visibility!
- Many of our current leaders started their career with Fluxergy!
Level I: $50,000 - $65,000/year
Level II: $70,000 - $85,000/year
Fluxergy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.