Controls Engineer II
Automation & Engineering – Automation /
Fluxergy is a rapidly growing biomedical company on the cutting edge of laboratory testing. We're developing a true multi-modal point of care device, the kind of which has never been conceived, and we'd love to have you as part of the team!
Our technologies span many markets including healthcare, veterinary, food safety, and wellness industries. We are seeking self-motivated problem solvers who are excited to help decentralize traditional laboratory infrastructure.
Our roots are squarely rooted in engineering. We pride ourself on critical thinking and solving problems pragmatically, from a modular and systems-level approach. We believe that open and clear communication along with the ability to adapt to changing situations and working outside of your comfort zone is paramount to our success and yours.
Our product: https://vimeo.com/845429891
- Always Follow Logic
- Fail Fast
- Never Stop Learning
- Take on Hard Problems
About the Role
We are currently seeking a talented Controls Engineer II to join our dynamic team. If you're passionate about industrial automation, have a strong background in control systems, and are ready to take the next step in your career, we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do
- Lead hands-on design, development, and construction of complex industrial control systems, ensuring compliance with NFPA 70 and NFPA 79 standards.
- Demonstrate expertise in industrial controls design and construction, optimizing system performance and reliability, including safety systems.
- Proficiently program PLCs and configure HMIs in multiple platforms (e.g. Allen-Bradley, AutomationDirect, Siemens, etc.).
- Configure industrial communication networks using standard protocols, such as Ethernet/IP, MODBUS TCP/RTU, etc.
- Program single-axis and multi-axis robots.
- Create and manage systems for transferring data from machinery, such as Internet-of-Things (IoT), SCADA, OPC UA, MQTT, and other factory data management systems.
- Use AutoCAD to create and administer electrical schematics that adhere to NFPA standards as well as pneumatic schematics.
- Generate documentation specifying equipment requirements, validating its performance, detailing instructions for operation.
- Train machine operators and production engineers on machine operation during machine qualification.
- Collaborative closely with cross-functional teams to define and meet control system requirements.
What You'll Need to Have
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in PLC and HMI programming on complex projects.
- Experience in designing, building, and troubleshooting control systems for industrial applications.
- Strong knowledge of safety control systems for industrial machinery
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Practical experience with NFPA 70 and NFPA 79 electrical standards
- Familiarity with Ignition SCADA and working knowledge of Python are highly desirable.
- Experience with FANUC robot programming is highly desirable.
- Proven hands-on problem-solving abilities and a passion for hands-on experimentation.
Our interview processes my differ slightly from role-to-role; however, most of our interviews will follow a similar pattern:
- Recruiter Interview
- Hiring Manager interview
- On-site Interview
We are an early-stage company and may change our interview process from time-to-time, but our hope is everyone who interviews with us has a positive experience, even if an offer isn’t presented.
Excellent Medical/Dental Benefits
- 99% medical benefit premiums paid by Fluxergy and covers employee, partner, and dependents
- 100% dental and vision premiums paid for employee, partner, and dependents
- 100% Life Insurance premiums paid for the employee
Work - Life Balance Minded Time Off
- 15 paid vacation days
- 2-week paid winter break
- 7 company paid holidays
- 5 paid sick days
A Work Culture Which Believes in Promoting from Within
- Wear lots of hats / accelerate your career growth!
- We are a flat organization by design – lots of visibility!
- Many of our current leaders started their career with Fluxergy!
Salary Range: $90,000 - $120,000/yr
Fluxergy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.