Vice President of Product
Product and Design – Design /
Why work for us?
Are you a forward-thinking individual who wants to work at the cutting-edge of technology? Do you want to join a winning organization that is pioneering digital transformation around the globe? This is your opportunity to join the Flybits team today!
Named by LinkedIn Top Startups and Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10 as one of the hottest high-growth global companies to work for in the country, Flybits enables our customers in financial services to provide hyper-personalized experiences through the power of data science and context-aware computing. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
· Canada’s Top 50 Fintech Companies by Digital Finance Institute
· 2019 Technology Fast 50™ award winner by Deloitte Canada
· LinkedIn Top 15 Startup
· Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10
What is the opportunity?
- As Vice President of Product at Flybits, you will be joining the executive team at a fast-growing global fintech company. In this role, you will be working with some of the most advanced concepts in data science, artificial intelligence, user experience design, privacy management, and design thinking. The role requires the candidate to demonstrate an excellent harmony across all product leadership pillars including computer science foundations, user experience design, and most importantly people leadership. The role requires a good understanding of the financial sector and will require the candidate to demonstrate abilities and skills to guide a globally distributed and diverse team.
What will you do?
- Drive product life cycles including strategic planning, product roadmaps, and specifications of product requirements and launch
- Act as a product evangelist and set best practices and processes for Product, Design & Engineering to define, explore and solve problems
- Lead a team of Product Managers/Owners while evaluating risks, expectations, timelines, and other key milestones for success
- Develop and oversee processes that are needed to run product development efficiently and help prioritize product decisions
- Act as a key member of the senior leadership team, contribute to annual business objectives, leading quarterly team planning, and setting goals and KPIs for the product function
What do you need to succeed?
- Proven track record in launching products from ideation to commercialization
- An abstract thinker, creative storyteller, and a detailed oriented doer
- Ability to translate pain points into product features and workflows
- Assess and design product requirements from different stakeholders
- A track record in managing teams, including being a strong team builder, collaborator, and communicator
- Experience working in a high growth scaleup preferred
- Experience with financial services and/or fintech preferred
- University degree in Computer Science, Digital Design discipline or a related degree
- Postgraduate degree in a design or media discipline (preferred)
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse and global opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation package
- Internal training to support your growth and enhance your skills: generous learning and development budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes and other events
- Flexible remote working options
- Your choice between Mac and PC to customize your workstation
Due to the current state with COVID-19, we will conduct all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom. Our intention is to respect everybody's need for safety and adherence to social distancing.
Flybits empowers enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data. Flybits aggregates disparate sources of relevant public and proprietary data without technical hassle, enabling Fortune 500 organizations to build sophisticated and evolving customer engagement programs with ease. Leveraging unique and patent-protected AI and machine learning capabilities, experiences created through Flybits become increasingly effective in delivering success. From driving product awareness to offering virtual concierge-style services, enterprises across the globe are using Flybits to add significant value to the lives of their customers and preparing themselves for the new data economy.
Flybits is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment, recognition and advancement at Flybits are based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We provide equal opportunity regardless of race (though currently we hire only humans), color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, age, religious affiliation (or lack thereof), sexual preference or orientation (or lack thereof), pregnancy status, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.