Senior Front-End Engineer
Engineering – Frontend Team /
Why work for us?
Named by LinkedIn Top Startups and CIX Top 10 as one of the hottest high-growth global companies to work for in the country, Flybits provides bank engage customers with hyper-personalized experiences through the power of data science and context-aware computing:
· Canada’s Top 50 Fintech Companies by Digital Finance Institute
· 2019 Technology Fast 50™ award winner by Deloitte Canada
· LinkedIn Top 15 Startup
· Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10
Are you passionate about the fintech industry? Are you a forward-thinking person who likes working at the cutting-edge of technology? Do you want to join a winning organization that is pioneering digital transformation around the globe? This is your opportunity to join the Flybits team today!
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Front-End Engineering Lead, in this role you will be a key contributor in taking our innovative Context as a Service platform to the next level. You have the ability to envision the art of the possible with our UX team, but also understand the complexities of our backend system and infrastructure. This includes influencing product design in collaboration with our UX team, designing and implementing microservice APIs alongside our backend Engineers. You will also be an important guide and mentor in harnessing the raw talent of less experienced Engineers and acting by example in setting the bar for engineering excellence.
You will have the unique opportunity to influence our use of technology, and in helping build out our UI framework of reusable components that will empower Engineers to efficiently build interactive UIs across our agile squads. You will also have the opportunity to influence processes on the agile squads as we position our organization for scale.
Our Tech Stack:
Flybits strives to use the most up to date technologies across our engineering teams including modern frameworks (Ember, React, Vue) on the front-end, and Golang on the back-end. We make extensive use of AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes to ensure our system continues to scale with the addition of millions of users.
What do you need to succeed?
- 4+ years experience Frontend development on SaaS applications,
- 2+ years experience developing single page applications (SPAs) with at least one of React, Ember, Angular 2+, or Vue.js
- Thorough understanding and relatable experience of Git, repository management, and related workflows
- Good understanding of the Agile process
- Excellent knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing best practices and operations
- Familiar with backend web development processes and technologies
- Experience developing design systems (component libraries)
- Flare for interactive design
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal communication and strong verbal and written English skills
- Experience mentoring or coaching team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Must have skills:
- Advanced knowledge and experience with one of React, Angular 2+, Ember or Vue.js
- Experience consuming data from RESTful APIs
- Worked with state management patterns such as Redux, Flux, Vuex, etc
- Experience and thorough understanding of Git, repository management, and related workflows
- HTML & HTML5, CSS3 (SASS) and Typescript
- Experience with testing tools such as Jest, Enzyme, Cypress or others
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent expertise
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with web SDKs
- Familiarity with the entire web stack, including backend development, protocols and client-side optimization techniques
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility and responsive design
What do we offer?
- Time when you need it: generous vacation policy (plus we close for the last week in December)
- Various social events to connect with your team members
- Annual retreats, hackathons, and lunch ‘n learns
- Monthly office socials and pub nights
- Weekly build-your-own breakfast and lunch bars
- Daily healthy snacks and drinks (Don’t worry, we have chips too!)
- Your choice between Mac and PC to customize your work station
- Game room with ping pong and chess etc.
- Community volunteer opportunities
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinker
- A rewarding career path with diverse and global opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package: 100% Employer paid health and dental benefits for regular, full-time employees
- Internal training to support your growth and enhance your skills: generous learning and development budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes and other events
Flybits empowers enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data. Flybits aggregates disparate sources of relevant public and proprietary data without technical hassle, enabling Fortune 500 organizations to build sophisticated and evolving customer engagement programs with ease. Leveraging unique and patent-protected AI and machine learning capabilities, experiences created through Flybits become increasingly effective in delivering success. From driving product awareness to offering virtual concierge-style services, enterprises across the globe are using Flybits to add significant value to the lives of their customers and preparing themselves for the new data economy.
Flybits is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment, recognition and advancement at Flybits are based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We provide equal opportunity regardless of race (though currently we hire only humans), color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, age, religious affiliation (or lack thereof), sexual preference or orientation (or lack thereof), pregnancy status, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.