Design System Lead
Product and Design – Design /
Why work for us?
Are you a forward-thinking individual who wants to work at the cutting-edge of technology? Do you want to join a winning organization that is pioneering digital transformation around the globe? This is your opportunity to join the Flybits team today!
Named by LinkedIn Top Startups and Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10 as one of the hottest high-growth global companies to work for in the country, Flybits enables our customers in financial services to provide hyper-personalized experiences through the power of data science and context-aware computing. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
Canada’s Top 50 Fintech Companies by Digital Finance Institute
2019 Technology Fast 50™ award winner by Deloitte Canada
LinkedIn Top 15 Startup
Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Head of Product Design, you will work with cross-functional product teams (product managers, designers and engineers) to lead and drive design system maturity. To be successful in this role, you should be able to create design system strategy, build processes and convert the vision into design system asset design. You are strong team collaborators who are passionate about championing for best design operation tools/systems to allow the design team to grow at its best capacity. We are looking for designers who are excited to contribute their expertise, processes and learnings to enhance our team, product and user experiences.
In this senior level position, you will also mentor your design peers, influence design strategy and product vision and interact with leadership teams to advocate the value of the design system and best practices. If you are looking for a place to grow your career with a vast horizon to explore, the products we discover and build at Flybits’ (B2B2C) will provide you that perfect opportunity.
What will you do?
- Define organism structure of the Design system, from atoms to templates, to enable scalable growth of multiple product lines and the platform.
- Lead and facilitate internal alignment on future growth, key metrics, rollout plans and reusability goals.
- Create component specs including interaction, visual, motion, and usage guidelines, and manage the document inventory in a way that best supports internal users - designers and developers.
- Provide regular communication of changes and new patterns/components for internal users.
- Build intake, governance, and publishing process to interlock development timeline and product evolution milestones.
- Plan and conduct workshops to facilitate the adoption of the design system and/or co-design components among the designer group.
- Ensure accessibility compliance and component usability.
- Drive consistency among workflow patterns and page constructs across the platform.
- Manage design system sprints and design system backlogs.
- Contribute to product experience design, IA design and UX research/testing.
- Champion and evangelize design team values, strategy, and processes (eg. regulations, legal/privacy, ethics, etc).
What do you need to succeed?
- BA/BS degree in Design related to interaction design, digital experience design, human-computer interaction or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Design, UX Design or equivalent role
- 1-2 years of experience in building and leading design systems.
- Solid experience in visual design, reusable components, design patterns, scalable library.
- Mastery over Figma and primary tools to build design systems.
- A love for System and Process challenges with attention to aesthetic details.
- Ability to lead all aspects of co-design workshop in various team setup to identify patterns, normalize solutions and drive design quality
- Ability to articulate and create design strategy, rational and logic, describing benefits and highlighting risks associated with design decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player and thought leader
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Good understanding of front-end development and mobile technology (Android/iOS development)
- Fintech and/or marketing domain knowledge
- Figma / Miro / Jira / UserTesting.com / Slack
- Your relevant design system building/management experience through a wide spectrum
- How you create a strategy, identify the best approach, and lead design system design in a team setup
- Polished design execution
Tools we use daily:
If you’re excited about this opportunity, send us your portfolio/resume that showcases:
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse and global opportunities for professional development
- Internal training to support your growth and enhance your skills: learning and development budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- Employee-led development programs
- Flexible remote working options
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- Access to employer bonus programs
- Your choice between Mac and PC to customize your workstation
Due to the current state with COVID-19, we will conduct all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third-party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom. Our intention is to respect everybody's need for safety and adherence to social distancing.
Flybits empowers enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data. Flybits aggregates disparate sources of relevant public and proprietary data without technical hassle, enabling Fortune 500 organizations to build sophisticated and evolving customer engagement programs with ease. Leveraging unique and patent-protected AI and machine learning capabilities, experiences created through Flybits become increasingly effective in delivering success. From driving product awareness to offering virtual concierge-style services, enterprises across the globe are using Flybits to add significant value to the lives of their customers and preparing themselves for the new data economy.
Flybits is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment, recognition and advancement at Flybits are based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We provide equal opportunity regardless of race (though currently, we hire only humans), color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, age, religious affiliation (or lack thereof), sexual preference or orientation (or lack thereof), pregnancy status, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar Canadian, State, and Provincial disability laws.