Technical Product Manager
Product and Design – Product Management /
Why work for us?
Are you a forward-thinking individual who wants to work at the cutting-edge of technology? Do you want to join a winning organization that is pioneering digital transformation around the globe? This is your opportunity to join the Flybits team today!
Named by LinkedIn Top Startups and Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10 as one of the hottest high-growth global companies to work for in the country, Flybits enables our customers in financial services to provide hyper-personalized experiences through the power of data science and context-aware computing. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
Canada’s Top 50 Fintech Companies by Digital Finance Institute
2019 Technology Fast 50™ award winner by Deloitte Canada
LinkedIn Top 15 Startup
Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10
What is the Opportunity?
- Reporting to the VP of Product, you will be the driving force behind launching new products and improving existing products for our rapidly growing customer base. You will play a key role in the ideation and implementation of the products empowering enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data.
- A successful candidate will be creative, have great communication skills, and have experience defining/designing/managing the delivery of software products that delight users. You must have a strong eye for usability, an understanding of how products drive business value, and a strong desire to work in quick iterations.
What will you do?
- Be the Product Owner as part of an Agile Scrum process
- Craft and maintain backlogs that are clear, concise and technically sound
- Work closely with the Design team and use wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and other methods to communicate your product concepts to the team
- Combine both quantitative (metrics) and qualitative (user feedback) data to evolve products that meet Flybits’ business objectives
- Coordinate with engineering, marketing, sales, data science and other teams to successfully launch new features and products
- Stay current on industry trends and competitors
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- 2+ years of professional Product Management experience
- You have launched multiple successful products and/or features
- Working knowledge and enthusiasm for Agile Product Development processes including Scrum
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including communicating with senior management
- Able to rationalize and defend decisions; able to adapt based on real-world usage
- Excellent listener with a knack for asking good questions
- Proactive, demonstrates initiative, strong at generating workable ideas
- You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
What do we offer?
- Time when you need it: generous vacation policy (plus holiday time off in December!)
- Various social events to connect with your team members
- Annual events, hackathons, and lunch ‘n learns
- Monthly office socials
- Weekly build-your-own breakfast and lunch bars
- Daily healthy snacks and drinks (Don’t worry, we have chips too!)
- Your choice between Mac and PC to customize your work station
- Game room with ping pong and chess etc.
- Community volunteer opportunities
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse and global opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package: 100% Employer paid health and dental benefits for regular, full-time employees
- Internal training to support your growth and enhance your skills: generous learning and development budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes and other events
Flybits empowers enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data. Flybits aggregates disparate sources of relevant public and proprietary data without technical hassle, enabling Fortune 500 organizations to build sophisticated and evolving customer engagement programs with ease. Leveraging unique and patent-protected AI and machine learning capabilities, experiences created through Flybits become increasingly effective in delivering success. From driving product awareness to offering virtual concierge-style services, enterprises across the globe are using Flybits to add significant value to the lives of their customers and preparing themselves for the new data economy.
Flybits is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment, recognition and advancement at Flybits are based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We provide equal opportunity regardless of race (though currently we hire only humans), color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, age, religious affiliation (or lack thereof), sexual preference or orientation (or lack thereof), pregnancy status, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar Canadian, State, and Provincial disability laws.