Senior Android Developer
Engineering – Tools and SDK /
Why work for us?
Are you a forward-thinking individual who wants to work at the cutting-edge of technology? Do you want to join a winning organization that is pioneering digital transformation around the globe? This is your opportunity to join the Flybits team today!
Named by LinkedIn Top Startups and Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10 as one of the hottest high-growth global companies to work for in the country, Flybits enables our customers in financial services to provide hyper-personalized experiences through the power of data science and context-aware computing. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
· Canada’s Top 50 Fintech Companies by Digital Finance Institute
· 2019 Technology Fast 50™ award winner by Deloitte Canada
· LinkedIn Top 15 Startup
· Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10
What is the opportunity?
- Reporting to our Tools & SDK Lead, you will be working on our client facing engineering team to build new and exciting tools and applications - from the planning and architecture phase, to implementation and testing.
- Working closely with our product and design teams, you will be required to break down large scale feature sets into smaller, fast-paced deliverables, building fast, optimized, and user-friendly technology.
- You will have the opportunity to expand your development skill set, learn new development approaches, stay ahead of the latest technologies, and participate in building software that is used by millions of users.
What will you do?
- Design and build advanced tools and applications for the Android platform and new features within our SDKs
- Create a full range of unit/automated tests to ensure SDKs are reliable and optimized
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance to continuously discover, evaluate, implement, and learn new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Provide mentorship, technical analysis, design and consulting skills to the Flybits engineering team
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering in a technical engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Android Development, and experience with both Java and Kotlin languages
- Advanced knowledge of Android Studio and Gradle, designing and implementing the object-oriented paradigm within Java and Kotlin based applications
- Thorough understanding of AndroidX components such as ROOM, Paging, Lifecycles, etc.
- Strong knowledge in Git workflows and agile development
- Advanced knowledge of Android API Level 21+ and implementing coaching techniques with the Android OS
- Knowledge in creating both instrumentation and unit tests using Espresso, Mockito, Robolectric etc.
- Knowledge of Firebase, in particular its push notifications, crash logs, and analytics
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience with JIRA, Google Play, and analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Flurry, MixPanel etc.
- Some knowledge in building native applications with tablet support
What do we offer?
- Time when you need it: generous vacation policy (plus holiday time off in December!)
- Various social events to connect with your team members
- Annual events, hackathons, and lunch ‘n learns
- Monthly office socials
- Weekly build-your-own breakfast and lunch bars
- Daily healthy snacks and drinks (Don’t worry, we have chips too!)
- Your choice between Mac and PC to customize your work station
- Game room with ping pong and chess etc.
- Community volunteer opportunities
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse and global opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package: 100% Employer paid health and dental benefits for regular, full-time employees
- Internal training to support your growth and enhance your skills: generous learning and development budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes and other events
Flybits empowers enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data. Flybits aggregates disparate sources of relevant public and proprietary data without technical hassle, enabling Fortune 500 organizations to build sophisticated and evolving customer engagement programs with ease. Leveraging unique and patent-protected AI and machine learning capabilities, experiences created through Flybits become increasingly effective in delivering success. From driving product awareness to offering virtual concierge-style services, enterprises across the globe are using Flybits to add significant value to the lives of their customers and preparing themselves for the new data economy.
Flybits is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment, recognition and advancement at Flybits are based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We provide equal opportunity regardless of race (though currently we hire only humans), color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, age, religious affiliation (or lack thereof), sexual preference or orientation (or lack thereof), pregnancy status, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar Canadian, State, and Provincial disability laws.