Senior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Nixie is a portable flying camera that captures candid shots of you in the moment, without interrupting the action. Nixie was the Grand Prize winner in Intel's Make-it-Wearable challenge. We presented a live demo in the CES 2015 Keynote with the CEO of Intel and won the event!
Our technology pushes the boundaries of sensing, controls, autonomy, airframe, and safety design. With a huge amount of funding we are developing Nixie to deliver a unique product and user experience to mass consumer marketplace. A product that will allow users to capture and share engaging images and videos without having to experience life’s best moments through a viewfinder. We are making making the unthinkable happen, so come join us!
You are a Senior Software Engineer / Team Lead who will significantly impact Nixie's development. You will collaborate with our electrical, mechanical, guidance, and algorithm engineers. You have the scope and understanding to architect the complete UAV software stack, and you have the experience to bring up boards and develop drivers on a variety of SOCs and embedded platforms.
- Lead device software development of Nixie's aerial platform including integration of Linux/ARM, DSP, GPU, ISP and MCU software subsystems
- Software architecture - integrating flight control systems, image capture and computer vision
- Overall software program leadership including collaboration with executive and program management, algorithm, mechanical, electrical, quality and manufacturing teams
- Technical leadership of team consisting of in-house, contract and outsourced team members
- Manage hybrid agile/waterfall development process including definition/coordination of development system architecture/sprints to ensure timely delivery against milestones
- Lead software specifications and development/execution of software development standards
- Coordination with SQA and product quality teams to ensure high quality software and final product
- Lead software-related SOC supplier relationships including building SOC platform software infrastructure and ensuring open-source compliance
- Build a top-notch software team as the company’s needs grow
- Directly contribute to active software development while the team is small
- Experience leading software development of at least one complex Linux/ARM based device from architecture phase through off-shore mass production
- Software development experience contributing to multiple complex software programs from architecture through off-shore mass production
- Experience on one or more SOC platforms (Ambarella, Qualcomm, SNI, MediaTek, etc.)
- Understanding of, and experience leading- open-source compliance with software teams
- Experience contributing to and collaborating with cross-functional (algorithm, mechanical, electrical, manufacturing) development teams
- Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering; BS/MS degree with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Passionate about photography and imaging
- Experience working on UAV/drone products
- Effective working with multi-location teams
The Nixie camera has the potential to become a new product category - the flying equivalent to an iPhone. The development will be hard work. We do it because we believe that pictures should show more than just posed moments, pictures should show spontaneous, uninterrupted moments. And we do it because we love technical challenges others find too hard. Come join us.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Nixie Labs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.