Computer Vision Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Nixie is a portable flying camera that captures candid shots of you in the moment, without interrupting the action. Nixie was the Grand Prize winner in Intel's Make-it-Wearable challenge. We presented a live demo in the CES 2015 Keynote with the CEO of Intel and won the event!
Our technology pushes the boundaries of sensing, controls, autonomy, airframe, and safety design. With a huge amount of seed funding we are developing Nixie to deliver a unique product and user experience to mass consumer marketplace. A product that will allow users to capture and share engaging images and videos without having to experience life’s best moments through a viewfinder. We are making making the unthinkable happen, so come join us!
As a Computer Vision Engineer at Nixie Labs, you have excellent education and experience in estimation, tracking, and perception techniques. Your deep knowledge and understanding allows you to identify and implement elegant solutions from scratch, efficiently, and perfectly tailored to our use cases and our product concept.
- Identify, develop, and implement innovative detection and tracking solutions that run efficiently, reliably, and in real-time for novel navigation techniques and challenging camera stability control
- Work with a multidisciplinary engineering team to identify solutions and drive integration efforts for the navigation and perception solutions
- Test the system hard in a variety use cases (your choice, could be e.g. rock climbing)
- Upcoming responsibilities may include computational photography and scene awareness
- MS degree in Robotics, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 3 years of experience working with visual odometry, visual SLAM or other techniques, involving optimal estimation of camera motion or scene geometry
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Good understanding of camera settings and optics
- Experienced in conducting experiments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of flexibility and tolerance of change
- Experience with visual/inertial integration
- Experience in estimation, dynamics, and controls
- Experience with ISP
- Experience with flying, diving, or moving ground based systems
The Nixie camera has the potential to become a new product category - the flying equivalent to an iPhone. The development will be hard work. We do it because we believe that pictures should show more than just posed moments, pictures should show spontaneous, uninterrupted moments. And we do it because we love technical challenges others find too hard. Come join us.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Nixie Labs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.