Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer (RTOS)
Mountain View, CA
Nixie is a portable flying camera that captures candid shots of you in the moment, without interrupting the action. Nixie was the Grand Prize winner in Intel's Make-it-Wearable challenge. We presented a live demo in the CES 2015 Keynote with the CEO of Intel and won the event!
Our technology pushes the boundaries of sensing, controls, autonomy, airframe, and safety design. With a huge amount of seed funding we are developing Nixie to deliver a unique product and user experience to mass consumer marketplace. A product that will allow users to capture and share engaging images and videos without having to experience life’s best moments through a viewfinder. We are making making the unthinkable happen, so come join us!
You are a Firmware Engineer who will significantly impact Nixie's development. You will collaborate with our electrical, mechanical, guidance, and algorithm engineers. You have the scope and understanding to make a significant contribution to the complete UAV software stack, and you have the experience to bring up boards and develop drivers on a variety of SOCs and embedded platforms.
- Contribute to software development of Nixie's aerial platform with a focus on RTOS CPU systems including MCU interface, sensor fusion, image processing.
- Collaborate with electrical engineering team to bring-up and test new hardware platforms
- Participate in hybrid agile/waterfall development process including definition and delivery of development system architecture/sprints to ensure timely delivery against milestones
- Contribute to development of software specifications and development/execution of software development standards
- Collaborate with SQA/product quality teams to ensure high quality software/product
- Computer Science or Electrical Computer Engineering; BS/MS degree with 8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong individual Contributor
- RTOS concepts and usage of tasks, message queues, semaphores
- Bootloaders and low level drivers
- Debugging system level issues
- C/C++ languages programming
- Control system software, Multi-sensor fusion is plus
- Camera, Image processing, video processing is desired
- One or more peripheral drivers like I2C, SPI, UART
- Multiprocessor development
- Working within and contributing to collaborative cross disciplinary (algorithm, mechanical, electrical, manufacturing) development teams
Experience in following areas:
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for drone/robots products
- Interest in photography and digital imaging
- One or more SOC platforms (Ambarella, Qualcomm, SNI, MediaTek, etc.)
The Nixie camera has the potential to become a new product category - the flying equivalent to an iPhone. The development will be hard work. We do it because we believe that pictures should show more than just posed moments, pictures should show spontaneous, uninterrupted moments. And we do it because we love technical challenges others find too hard. Come join us.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Nixie Labs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.