US Remote /
Marketing – Enterprise Marketing /
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
We’re looking to onboard a Marketing Manager to join the FLYR crew - someone that is an experienced and versatile teammate who has experience developing and supporting the company’s marketing initiatives through brand and product marketing, messaging and communications.
He/she will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. As our Marketing Manager, he/she must have the initiative to identify areas of improvement while balancing a variety of responsibilities and projects, and the ability to create content and recommend content strategy.
The Marketing Manager will report to FLYR’s Head of Marketing.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- Our Marketing Manager is a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand. This person will lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration.
- He or she should have a track record of demonstrated success working in partnership with several cross-functional teams to develop and guide creative direction to meet objectives for public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets.
- The Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting creation and deployment of successful marketing campaigns and projects. They will 1) provide valuable and engaging content for our website that attracts and converts potential leads, 2) create or liaise with graphic designer/design firms to produce printed collateral and web-based marketing material, 3) work with Sales to develop and monitor territory marketing plans to generate the appropriate level of leads, 4) coordinate key messages across multiple social and communication platforms and draft messaging where relevant, 5) monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media for the company, and 6) experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities through marketing
- This position requires the ability to learn complex technology and practices and translate them into compelling messaging for our targeted customer segments.
- The role will work as part of a dynamic crew, including tight interlock and collaboration with senior leadership, product teams, sales, customer success, engineering, HR, and finance.
What should you pack for this trip?
- Minimum 5 years of recent B2B marketing, communications, or marketing support function experience
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Has experience supporting a social media presence and developed social media programs
- Excellent written and oral communication in English with an ability to write/execute creative and project briefs, articles, editorials and communicate technical info with ease
- Proven experience in digital marketing environment, techniques and tools required including: email, video, HTML, WordPress, social media,CRM, process development, list development and coordination, development of collateral and sales tools including presentations, and managing digital marketing specialists and agencies
- Knowledge of web development and marketing is required including for business-to-business website development with a combination of technical and practical knowledge to ensure successful integration and execution using cross functional departments to achieve goals
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field required
- B2B marketing experience in transportation or travel-related industries
Ticket Prices, Frequent FLYR miles and more:
- Equity in Series B startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company matching
- Weekly catered lunch and team lunches/outings
- Dog-friendly office environments
- Flexible working (remote eligible)!
- Initial Screen - Active candidates are screened against the criteria listed above
- Introductory Call - A FLYR team member will reach out for an initial call to learn more about each other.
- Hiring Manager Call - The hiring manager will then speak with the candidate further about the role & the candidate’s skills
- Skills Challenge - An opportunity to show off their talents! Candidates are asked to complete a short work prompt that assesses the skills that relate to the role they have applied for.
- Onsite/Virtual Onsite - A series of meetings with the hiring team/team members to finalize our evaluation of each candidate.
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.