Engineering Manager, Core Product Engineering
Engineering – Software Engineering /
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a full-stack engineering team. You will collaborate with other product teams to successfully deliver a ML-based, data-driven web application. We are looking for people who are passionate about innovative technology, want to learn and have a sense of ownership.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- Lead a scrum team of backend, frontend, test automation developers and deliver next-generation analytics and reporting SaaS platform.
- Directly support 7 engineers in their career growth by 1:1 meetings, goal setting, feedback and reviews. Provide technical mentorship and training to develop software talents.
- Promote a culture of ownership and enablement.
- Lead continuous improvement within our fast-growing engineering organization.
- Collaborate with product management to define the roadmap for your team. Feed engineering input into feature definition and scope. Work with product and technical leadership in developing a technical architectural roadmap in parallel to the feature roadmap for your engineering teams.
- Support timely delivery of features for product releases in the context of a larger product development organization. Identify and track dependencies and risks. Work with engineering leadership and project management to deliver capabilities spanning scrum teams.
- Partner with the recruiting team to hire and build effective engineering teams.
What can you bring on this trip?
- Academic background preferably in computer science/other relevant field or related experience.
- Experience with leading individuals and/or engineering teams in Engineering Manager or Team Lead roles.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience preferably building SaaS applications:
- Fullstack experience (desirably Python/React technologies),
- Deep understanding of architectural patterns and software design concepts,
- Deep understanding of microservice architecture and API design,
- Experience with challenging performance and scalability requirements.
- Experience in developing software talent.
- Project management skills using Agile methodologies with demonstrated experience in building delivery schedules and leading estimation efforts.
- Deep understanding of engineering processes.
- Experience in hiring and onboarding.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid English skills.
What can we offer you?
- Regular employment contract (or B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Equipment to choose (macOS, monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Training budget
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.