Lead UI/UX Designer
Product – Design /
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
To enhance and accelerate the expansion of the UI on top of FLYR’s ML technology, we are looking to hire a Lead UI/UX Designer. This role is responsible for the product design system and the look and feel of all new features added to the Cirrus UI. Key skills and traits for this role include an attention to detail with regards to data visualizations and the communication of complex concepts.
An excellent visual eye and desire to create new user experiences and capabilities where there were none before are critical.
FLYR is looking for a Designer that maintains elegance, quality, and consistency through critiques, UX principles, and reviews. Ideally you are a big picture thinker that sees how the task today connects to the larger business & product goals.
Top responsibilities will include all phases of the feature development lifecycle from ideation to high fidelity wireframes to user engagement studies that will identify new opportunities for improvement.
What will your destination look like?
- Lead design strategy activities to understand user needs & business opportunities, generate potential solutions and align those with other designer
- Architect system wide design solutions that satisfy both product and engineering requirements
- Empower and mentor designers in the team, fostering a collaborative, productive, and positive environment within a growing team
- Verify and accept UI solutions prepared by other designers
- Daily synchronisation with development team and product management
- Create wireframes and detailed (pixel-perfect) UI mocks
- Prepare working prototypes demonstrating full experience, user flows and micro interactions to internal team and key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain design documentation and related materials
- Work on FLYR Design System and its promotion in Dev team
- Help technical team to deliver designed features answering their questions and updating design materials
What can you bring on this trip?
- 5+ years of industry experience as a UI/UX designer and/or manager or a team lead in a small UI/UX team
- Experience managing a team of two UI/UX designers. Ability to communicate with different departments of a multi-national and dynamic company
- Past experience and demonstrated interest in data visualization, data-rich and SaaS applications
- Experience with product lifecycle methodologies from idea to launch
- Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional time management skills
- Experience with Figma (or similar such at Sketch)
- Experience in following, applying, teaching and maintaining a company Design Systems - demonstrated in portfolio
- Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to work closely and collaboratively with developers implementing your designs
- Proven success designing and optimizing high-quality analytical product experiences.
- Experience in B2B platforms is an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
What we can offer you?
- Regular employment contract (or B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Equipment (macOS, monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Training budget
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.