Program Manager (Remote Eligible)
US Remote /
Project/Program – Program Management /
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
We are looking for a Program Manager to work closely with engineering managers and program managers to ensure that FLYR’s teams work together to deliver on the product roadmap on a reliable cadence through good planning and dependency management. This role centers on working with multiple scrum teams in our USA and Krakow Poland office locations in order to be aware of what work is occurring across the teams to deliver a major functionality for a release.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- Manage and track the delivery of projects, delivering frequent updates in a timely and transparent manner
- Define, coordinate, and track all project dependencies. Identify accountable contributors, communicate and coordinate appropriately
- Uncover and minimize risks, dependencies, and impediments
- Create and manage project plans, monitor progress and timelines, identify and resolve risks to ensure success, escalating to management as appropriate
- Manage day-to-day execution of project implementations. Assist with the planning, tracking, and status updates for the projects
- Construct and maintain complex spreadsheet-based planning models.
- Provide reporting from JIRA on project and program status to executives
What can you bring on this trip?
- Must have a strong background in release management, project management, or program management on large software projects.
- Strong preference is for experience in software product companies.
- 3+ years experience in managing the software development lifecycle using Agile development practices
- Strong JIRA and JIRA administrator experience is required
- Must have the ability to perform spreadsheet-based data analysis and develop and maintain spreadsheet-based models.
- BS in CS or STEM degree preferred.
- Equity in Series B startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company match
Candidate Selection Process
Initial Screen - Active candidates are screened against the criteria listed above
Introductory Call - A FLYR team member will reach out for an initial call to learn more about each other.
Technical Assignment- An assignment will be given to candidates to ensure the skills are met for this position.
Virtual Onsite - A series of meetings with the hiring team/team members to finalize our evaluation of each candidate.
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.