Head of Software Engineering, Machine Learning Platform
Engineering – Software Engineering /
FLYR Labs is focused on the relentless application of advanced and intuitive technologies that help transportation leaders unlock their ultimate potential.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
To achieve this vision, we’re looking for a talented Head of Software Engineering to lead our Machine Learning Infrastructure software teams in Krakow Poland.
Our Machine Learning Infrastructure group is responsible for the software infrastructure needed to bring leading edge ML based products to market. As the leader of this group, you will build the infrastructure needed to bring ML innovation to market. You will enable new ML based product features and new product offerings, and provide infrastructure and tooling to develop, test, and operate ML models throughout the lifecycle from research to production.
What will your destination look like at FLYR? (Responsibilities)
- Execute on a roadmap to enable ML based product features and new product offerings on a unified platform. Deliver ML-based services into production that are optimized, fault tolerant, and performant.
- Lead managers and teams to build new capabilities for FLYR’s machine learning inference runtime, training platform, pipeline and feature infrastructure, and related tools.
- Build roadmaps and long-term team vision in partnership with Product and Data Science leadership.
- Lead an organization of 20-25 engineers across three teams. Provide mentorship and training, and promote success in their career path at FLYR.
- You will balance and prioritize your time between leading and developing your team, ensuring a regular cadence of high quality deliveries against the roadmap, and collaborating with Data Science and Product leadership on strategic ML initiatives.
- Advocate for and lead process improvement within your team and across our fast-growing data science and ML engineering group.
What can you bring on this trip? (Qualifications)
- Experienced people leader. Track record of leading through other engineering leaders.
- Experienced in hiring, developing, and retaining talent.
- You must have experience leading development teams delivering software products and tools against a roadmap.
- Experience in operating software services at scale in production. Must have experience leading software development on a SaaS product or service delivery environment.
- Worked on a product or service with a machine learning component. Past engineering experience with data-intensive systems and data-driven products.
- A strong plus is previous experience managing teams building and operating data transformation pipelines.
- A strong plus is experience leading an engineering organization using a major Cloud data warehouse (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, etc)
- Experience working with data scientists and ML engineers.
- Ability to clearly communicate status, blockers, risks and dependencies to peer managers and executive stakeholders.
In-flight Amenities (Perks & Benefits)
- B2B or Regular employment contract
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid model of work
- Work equipment (macOS, keyboard and mouse)
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Training budget
- Many more!
Our Commitment to Equality
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.