Cloud DevOps Engineer
Engineering – Cloud /
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
What will your destination look like at Flyr?
- As DevOps Engineer you will work collaboratively with Cloud Team members and other teams
- Will help to make our product cloud agnostic solution
- Will participate in a joint effort to provide support and constant improvements to cloud-based production environments for the cutting edge AI (Artificial Intelligence) platform
- Will be the moving force behind the development and implementation of our platform in a cloud agnostic environment
- Will have significant knowledge of processes to support development teams in the delivery of product features utilizing CI/CD, manage Docker container build processes for Dev, Staging, and Prod environments
- Will be responsible for supporting existing technologies and researching and implementing new technologies via the POC
- Will be the technical expert for most components of the SAAS platform and performance improvements
- Will be responsible for building documentation collection for features of internal tools and DevOps processes.
What you can bring to this trip?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or related field required
- 4+ years of experience working as DevOps Engineer with a focus on deployment and support of cloud-native applications services in cloud-based virtualized infrastructure, multi cloud experience is beneficial (solid experience with GCP, AWS and Azure is a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in container virtualization technologies and container orchestration tools and mechanisms (Kubernetes preferred)
- Fluent in scripting aspects of system administration (Linux command-line tools, bash, python)
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure configuration automation and concepts of IAC (Infrastructure As a Code), Terraform is preferred
- Applying best practices of CI/CD Fluent in python with strong knowledge of the python environment setup and management, with extensive experience in TDD based automation tools development
- Understanding of git-based SCM (Source Code Management) processes (branching, approvals, and promotions). GitHub is preferred
- Solid experience and commitment to exercise and enforce security best practices in production and development environments, logging, and monitoring.
- SQL knowledge and familiarity with DBs is a definitive plus
What we can offer you?
- Regular employment contract (or B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Medical care & Sport card
- Work equipment => macOS, monitor, keyboard etc
- Training budget Lunches & sandwiches & fruits
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.