Implementation Manager (Remote Eligible)
San Francisco, CA /
Customer Delivery – Client Implementation /
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
We’re looking for a talented Manager of AI Customer Delivery (US Remote) to lead our customer-facing implementation teams in San Francisco made up of ML and airline data experts.
You are a detailed-oriented, experienced team leader that is comfortable working directly with FLYR’s airline customers. You thrive on leading projects to successful completion balancing the needs of internal and external stakeholders. If you are happiest learning new, challenging domains while working with world-class colleagues, then FLYR has what you are looking for.
Our data-driven, deep-learning-based methodology enables any airline to truly maximize their revenue and accurately forecast outcomes, even under unprecedented conditions such as COVID-19. To achieve this vision, you will lead a team of Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Engineers by deploying FLYR’s revenue management platform and delivering FLYR’s ML-based services trained on the airline’s data.
You will own onboarding FLYR’s new airline clients and working with them through onboarding into production. You will be responsible for rapidly understanding our airline customer’s business processes and data and driving to realize a fast time-to-value with FLYR as efficiently as possible.
What will your destination look like?
- Hire, supervise and lead teams of data scientists, data engineers, and data analysts to complete complex customer data ingest and ETL, data validation, and ML model training projects in order to onboard new airlines.
- Directly engage with our airline customers’ executives, subject matter experts and business leads. Manage the day-to-day relationships with our airline customers to understand their data, systems, and business processes
- Manage both technical and relationship escalations from client onboarding phase, ensuring appropriate client communications and internal FLYR stakeholder involvement.
- Lead your team to collect, process, and clean data from customer data sources using SQL and Python. Ensure ETL, data validation and data mapping results in trained ML models and accurate reporting. Your team will perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests and data extractions to resolve issues impacting business operations.
- Define and roll out processes to standardize data onboarding, model training, and performance evaluation and other work done by data scientists and analysts.
- Work with Product and Engineering leadership to define product capabilities to improve customer onboarding.
- You will balance technical and managerial tasks, including 1+1's, technical mentorship, and recruitment participation. You will provide mentorship and training to your reports, and promote success in their career path at FLYR.
- Position can be based remotely elsewhere in the United States.
What can you bring on this trip?
- Qualified academic background preferably in analytics, statistics, mathematics, CS or related field.
- Strong past experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role.
- Extensive hands-on experience in business performance reporting, data analysis and data insights.
- Prior experience in managing data-driven teams.
- Significant experience managing technical and analyst staff.
- Experience leading analyst teams providing data analysis for business operations stakeholders.
- Past experience hiring ETL engineers, data scientists, and data analysts.
- Experience managing client-facing projects is a plus.
- Strong project management. Ability to clearly communicate status, blockers, risks and dependencies to FLYR and customer stakeholders.
- Knowledge of SQL and confident in wrangling all types of data in SQL. Experience in BigQuery a plus.
- Experienced in business process definition to map out repeatable processes.
- Experienced in resource planning and staffing plans.
- Can identify impediments to customer onboarding and propose improvements to processes.
- Experience partnering with product, data science, and engineering team to develop tools.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Equity in Series B startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company match
- Bright, modern office in excellent SoMa location
- Herman Miller chairs and Autonomous SmartDesks
At our SFHQ:
Candidate Selection Process
- Initial Screen - Active candidates are screened against the criteria listed above
- Introductory Call - A FLYR team member will reach out for an initial call to learn more about each other.
- Follow-up Call - A hiring manager at FLYR will have a follow-up, in-depth conversation with candidates
- Technical Assignment - A technical assignment utilizing necessary skills listed above provided on a take-home basis.
- Onsite/Virtual Onsite - A series of meetings with the hiring team/team members to finalize our evaluation of candidates, assessing leadership, project management, and technical skills.
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.