Manager of Software Engineering, Machine Learning Infrastructure
Engineering – Software Engineering /
FLYR Labs is focused on the relentless application of advanced and intuitive technologies that help transportation leaders unlock their ultimate potential.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
To achieve this vision, we’re looking for a talented Manager of Software Engineering to lead our Machine Learning Infrastructure software team.
Our Machine Learning Infrastructure team is responsible for the ML training infrastructure and tooling needed to bring leading edge ML based products to market. The team provides tools to support the research work of our data scientist team and the underlying software infrastructure needed to help bring ML innovation into production.
As a team of engineers, we strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
What will your destination look like at FLYR? (Responsibilities)
- Hire, supervise, and lead a scrum team of engineers to expand the capabilities of FLYR’s machine learning training platform, pipeline and feature infrastructure, and related tools.
- Directly supervise a team of 4-8 engineers. Provide technical mentorship and training, and promote success in their career path at FLYR
- Collaborate with Data Science leadership, Product, and Engineering manager peers to define your team’s roadmap of tool and infrastructure capabilities to support FLYR data science.
- You will balance and prioritize your time between leading and developing your team, ensuring a regular cadence of high quality deliveries against the roadmap, and collaborating with Data Science and Product leadership on strategic ML initiatives.
- Advocate for and lead process improvement within your team and across our fast-growing data science and ML engineering group.
What can you bring on this trip? (Qualifications)
- Experienced people leader. Previous experience as an engineering manager leading a high caliber team.
- Experienced in hiring and developing software talent.
- You must have experience as an engineering manager leading development teams delivering complex software products and tools.
- Experience in the development and support of library code or tools used outside your direct team.
- Worked on a product or service which had ML capabilities or worked on ML platform and tooling. Past engineering experience with data-intensive systems and data-driven products. A strong plus is previous experience managing teams building and operating data transformation pipelines.
- Experience working with data scientists and ML engineers.
- Ability to clearly communicate status, blockers, risks and dependencies to peer managers and executive stakeholders.
- Led an engineering team delivering against goals in an Agile/Scrum-oriented development methodology.
In-flight Amenities (Perks & Benefits)
- B2B or Regular employment contract
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid model of work
- Work equipment (macOS, keyboard and mouse)
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Training budget
- Many more!
Our Commitment to Equality
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.