Senior Data Scientist (Remote Eligible)
Los Angeles, CA /
Customer Delivery – Client Implementation /
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
FLYR does not currently have a physical office in Los Angeles; however, we are looking to open one up in the near future. While we're a remote-first company, we're employing a hub-and-spoke model and will be opening an office in the area that you can frequent as you may wish!
Our data-driven, deep-learning-based methodology enables any airline to truly maximize their revenue and accurately forecast outcomes, even under unprecedented conditions such as COVID-19. To achieve this vision, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to join our leading-edge, enterprise customer implementation team. This team delights new customers throughout the onboarding process, applying best-in-class AI solutions that revolutionize their revenue operations. The Senior Data Scientist will play a key role in ensuring our customers see rapid time-to-value, applying her or his technical expertise, business acumen, and intuition for innovation to solve complex, applied data science problems.
What will your destination look like?
- Act as a thought leader and expert practitioner in our data-science center of excellence.
- Influence and drive the strategic evolution of our real-time predictive models that will revolutionize revenue operations for the transportation industry.
- Develop scalable practices to implement model evolution, evaluation, and productization.
- Engage with customers to understand their performance drivers and identity opportunities to improve our AI solutions offerings.
- Learn our customers’ business needs and apply business acumen to ensure successful delivery on highly-technical projects.
- Collaborate closely with FLYR’s Krakow Data Platform team to realize streamlined tools and workflows to deliver best-in-class ML models.
What can you bring on this trip?
- Bachelor’s and graduate degrees in applicable quantitative disciplines (computer science, engineering, statistics, math, or similar)
- 3+ years of professional experience as a data scientist building models with direct commercial applicability
- Demonstrable track record of technical leadership with measurable results for external customers
- Expert Python skills and TensorFlow fluency
- Foundational understanding of statistical and algorithmic principles relevant to revenue management and network optimisation
Compensation and Benefits
- Equity in Series B startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements (full-time remote eligible)
- 401K with company match
- At our SFHQ:
- Bright, modern office in excellent SoMa location
- Herman Miller chairs and Autonomous SmartDesks
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.