Senior Backend Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering /
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
Our data-driven, deep-learning-based methodology enables any airline to truly maximize their revenue and accurately forecast outcomes, even under unprecedented conditions such as COVID-19. To achieve this vision, we’re looking for a talented Backend Engineer with solving technical complexities to join our rapidly growing startup in Kraków.
Our Engineering team is responsible for all things data infrastructure — building scalable data flows, crafting service architectures, and bringing leading-edge ML-based products to market.
As a team of engineers, we strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- You will ship the latest new features for the Cirrus platform, in order to disrupt the airline industry's pricing problems.
- You will develop a robust and scalable backend for enterprise line of business applications in Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Docker, Kubernetes, and more.
- You will collaborate with self-organizing Scrum teams comprised of Technical Product Owners, frontend and backend application developers, and QA automation engineers.
- You will collaborate with Technical Product Owners to design and deliver complex application features and end-user workflows
What can you bring on this trip?
- Degree and/or advanced domain expertise and successful industry experience in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Economics, or Operation Research
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs for frontend UI clients in microservices architecture
- Deep knowledge of a popular object-oriented or functional programming language, preferably Python
- Deep knowledge of software design principles and patterns
- Good knowledge of SQL, database design and normalization
- Fluent with unit testing and debugging techniques
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience with CI/CD design and development
- Strong communication skills, sense of ownership and drive.
- Independence, pragmatic approach and attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with optimizing application performance and solving scalability issues
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with SQL query performance profiling and optimization
What can we offer you?
- Regular employment contract (or B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Equipment to choose (macOS, monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Training budget
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.