Senior Data Scientist
Engineering – Data Science /
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
Our data-driven, deep-learning-based methodology enables any airline to truly maximize their revenue and accurately forecast outcomes. We treat data science as the core of all of our products and within the company. Our team is not afraid of asking the difficult economic problems affecting air travel and delivering bold, new solutions based on real-time prediction models and optimization algorithms; forecasts of future trends from terabytes of daily data on travel demand; and hyper-personalized price elasticity curves.
To achieve this vision, we’re looking for multi-talented Senior Data Scientists who love traveling, demonstrate leadership in deploying products from start to end, and want to be a key contributor at our accelerating startup in Krakow Poland.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- You will own mission-critical projects to launch new models and capabilities that have an instant meaningful impact for FLYR’s core product, Cirrus, into production for reputable airline brands.
- You will collaborate in a fast-paced environment with other talented data scientists and engineers to solve ambitious and complex optimization problems in the travel industry
- You will define and contribute to research in travel economics and optimization, and lead efforts to productize research activities.
- You will define and structure research, exploration, and prototyping projects to inform product capability and feature viability questions.
- You will use product and domain knowledge to translate business objectives and requirements into functioning code related to data transform and model training/inference.
- You will work closely with FLYR leadership to understand and influence strategic product directions by proposing proven and tested solutions.
- You will deliver insight from analysis that provide quantitative support to product feature decision making.
- You will act as a senior member of FLYR’s data science organization, providing technical guidance and advice to other team members, and fostering a collaborative culture.
What can you bring on this trip?
- You have advanced domain expertise and successful industry experience in Computer Science, Math, Economics, or Operation Research.
- Significant professional experience as a data scientist building models with direct commercial applicability
- Demonstrable track record of technical leadership.
- Demonstrated experience delivering innovative data science work into commercial product offerings.
- Strong mastery of statistics and ML algorithms and identifying where they are appropriate.
- Expert Python skills and TensorFlow fluency.
- Knowledge of SQL and confident in wrangling all types of data in SQL.
- Foundational understanding of statistical and algorithmic principles relevant to revenue management and network optimization
- You are interested in hands-on projects for overhauling the airline and dynamic pricing industry.
- You show a real passion for personal growth and fostering a positive organizational culture by mentoring teammates.
What can we offer you?
- Regular employment contract (or B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Equipment to choose (macOS, monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Training budget
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.