Product – Product Management /
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
As a Product Owner working on the Cirrus User Interface, you will work on a daily basis with a team of highly experienced software developers and designers. You’re a fit if you are deeply interested in data analysis, revenue management and technology. You are patient and exceptionally smart, have an eye for details, and are a great communicator. Bonus points if you are passionate about travel or the airline industry.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- Define the key use cases and requirements for the data visualization features and analyst interaction workflows of a new data-driven enterprise SaaS offering sold to airlines
- Define how airline revenue analysts interact with FLYR’s next-generation revenue management offering to understand the recommendations generated by our machine learning-based system
- Use your analytical skills to study user data to make data-driven new feature proposals
- Work closely with visual designers, developers and data engineers to ensure that FLYR’s data visualization is consumable, comprehensive, and compelling
- Collaborate with leadership and other POs to gather and write clear and concise requirements needed to create epics, features, stories, etc
- Deliver vision and requirements documents with prioritized features
- Deliver diagrams, wireframes or other materials required for feature descriptions
- Create, prioritize and maintain development backlog in Jira Cloud software
- This may consist of maintaining and monitoring multiple workstreams
- Initiate and lead backlog grooming sessions with the development team and compile what comes out of those discussions into clear, concise, comprehensive development items
- Facilitate training for QA, developers and other stakeholders of upcoming items getting ready to release.
- Assist QA with testing and features validation
- Identify internal and external team dependencies for features development, find solutions to remove roadblock in collaboration with various technical experts
What can you bring on this trip?
- Excited about data analytics, data visualization, and passionate about building amazing products
- 2-5 years industry experience with API and/or SaaS solutions
- Experience as a Product Owner in an Agile environment, with demonstrable experience of interacting with development teams
- Experience writing technical documentation for software development in English
- Educated with a B.S degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, or related field
- Able to problem solve quickly and generate flexible solutions
- A team player able to work in collaboration with other POs Previous experience writing design user stories and working with a team of UI and UX experts
- Interested in the travel industry and have a desire to reinvent the entire airline industry through dynamic and personalized pricing
- Willingness to work with multiple teams, in-house and remote
- Experience working with Atlassian software (Jira/Confluence)
- Experience creating wireframes for design teams
- Previous experience working as Business Analyst or/and UX Analyst
- Experience working with UX and research analytical tools (e.g. Hotjar, Mouseflow, Fullstory, Lookback, Google Analytics, Heap Analytics and alternatives)
What can we offer you?
- Regular employment contract (or B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Equipment to choose (macOS, monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Training budget
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.