Minneapolis or Remote US /
About The Position
Flywheel is seeking an experienced, self-guided Technical Writer to join our passionate team of engineers and scientists. The Technical Writer will work closely with the Scientific Solutions Engineering (SSE) team to create critical customer-facing documentation in support of our APIs, SDKs, and Gears. Gears are open-source, containerized algorithms which run within the Flywheel framework, allowing those algorithms to be run at scale in a transparent and reproducible way. Additionally the technical writer will work closely with the SSE team to document workflows and custom-built tools designed to solve a variety of complex problems faced by our users.
The SSE team has high-visibility with a central purpose: To make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve. Our team is made up of people who code, many of which have PhDs. Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success, scientific rigor, and reproducible methods above other concerns. We value self-motivated and creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and innovative solutions with the team.
Join us as we develop and document best practices for collaborative, transparent, and reproducible research with Flywheel.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
Position can be 100% remote but must be in the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and produce clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation for new and existing products
- Assess current set of developer-facing documentation in order to identify gaps in our API and SDK reference, getting started, how-to-guides, etc.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan for updating and maintaining customer facing documentation including structure, maintenance, update plan, and quality control
- Work closely with the Scientific Solutions Engineering team to understand gears and toolkit functionality
- Work closely with Customer Experience team to identify end-user pain points
- Advocate for customers and end users during product and documentation development
- Understand user personas and their workflows in order to identify documentation needs
- Potentially interface with client developers to evaluate user experience and understand documentation use cases
- Ensure consistency of business and technical terminology throughout documentation
- Propose alternative documentation and support strategies
- 4+ years as a technical writer with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years with an advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 1 year of experience with a PhD
- Experience writing API Documentation, Implementation Guides, or SDK Documentation
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced team environment
- Problem solving skills and an ability to work independently, responding and adapting to changing priorities
What would make you a great fit
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer
- Experience using a content or version management system such as Git, CMS, or SVN
- Software development experience in Python and/or Matlab
- Knowledge of Neuroimaging or clinical research workflows
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that provides all the tools needed for data curation, image processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
Headquartered in Minneapolis with offices in the Bay Area, Boston, and Budapest.