Software QA Engineer
Remote U.S. /
Quality Assurance /
About the Position
Flywheel is seeking a Software QA Engineer to serve as a dynamic and independently effective member of our small and mighty QA team. Successful applicants will have a passion for collaboration, risk analysis, preparation, and execution. This role requires integrated thinking along with technical experience working with a variety of leading-edge technologies for the testing of Python APIs, SDKs and CLIs with an Angular UI, interfacing with MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, among others.
Our engineering, customer solutions, and product teams work with the QA team to develop best practices for ensuring a quality and performant platform. The development team operates within a lightweight Agile process and is empowered to alter it as needed to achieve team and company objectives. We’re highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve. Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns.
We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team. Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Write, execute, and maintain test cases, both manual and automated.
- Participate in requirements and design reviews to ensure changes will be testable.
- Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization.
- Collaborate daily and seek feedback across teams using the automation framework we develop. Act as a consultant where testing responsibilities are held by others.
What would make you a great fit
- Direct experience in full-cycle QA: test planning, test designing, test scripting and execution, report defects, and triage.
- Overall 4+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance, preferably in medical, financial, or similarly regulated industry.
- Clear, concise, and persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with presenting best practices to internal audiences.
- Experience/knowledge of automation testing of APIs, UIs, SDKs, and CLIs.
- Ability to develop and enhance the automation frameworks independently in Python.
- Hands-on experience coding automation in Robot, PyTest.
- Successful application of QA Metrics and status reporting.
- Proactive relationship management with Software Development and Release teams.
- Experience/knowledge with healthcare regulatory compliance.
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that's transforming the way biomedical and imaging data are managed at leading life sciences, clinical, and academic institutions globally.
Flywheel provides a comprehensive research data solution with all the tools needed for curation, imaging processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
GO STEADY WITH LEVITY
The alchemy of effective teamwork happens when we each take ownership of both the menial and the magical every day. We’re serious, but never stuffy. We keep our cool under pressure because we assume best intentions and maintain perspective. This allows for true teamwork, with a dash of irreverence.
WORK BETTER TOGETHER
We are tenacious and united in our pursuit of solving our customers’ biggest challenges, and no challenge is too big. Diverse backgrounds across our team make us more effective as we listen, absorb, collaborate, and iterate to innovate.
FIGURE IT OUT
We’re obsessed with uncovering the why of any given. Having an open mind allows us to be quick to fail and quick to adapt. We relentlessly pursue continual improvement through learning and imagining new possibilities.
GIVE A SHIT
We’re fueled by grit, boundless energy, and a deep belief that we are doing cool shit. We don’t hesitate to stand up and speak out because we trust that through tough, honest discourse we can drive change and make a real difference for our customers and our mission.