Application Support Technician
Remote U.S. /
Customer Solutions /
About the Position
Flywheel is seeking an Application Support Technician to join our busy and growing team. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated and customer driven technical support specialist to interact with all facets of a software engineering lifecycle within a fast-paced company working with cutting edge technology. Successful applicants will have a passion for serving customers, a proactive approach for troubleshooting technical issues, and a working knowledge for managing Linux servers from a remote SSH session. This role requires an innovative thinker who is constantly striving to improve customer experience.
The goal of this position is to provide frontline email and ticket support to lab technicians and researchers using the Flywheel software at academic, clinical, and pharmaceutical research institutions across the globe. You will be responsible for triaging incoming support requests and resolving, escalating, or initiating solution engineering. The working hours for this role will be 7 am - 4 pm CT. This position is open to remote work within the US.
Work closely with our team of engineers and business stakeholders in a fast-paced startup environment. The development team operates within a lightweight Agile process and is empowered to alter it as needed to achieve team and company objectives. In this role, you will collaborate with both front-end and back-end software engineers and solutions specialists. We're highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve.
Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment - constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Use command-line tools and logs to identify the source and scope of an issue
- Receiving and taking ownership of incoming support tickets to resolution
- Monitoring and adhering to SLA requirements on support tickets
- Escalate issues when necessary, tracking related progress and updating customers
- Perform system installation, upgrade and maintenance operations
- Monitor site performance and proactively remediate issues
- Participate in rotating weekly on-call shift for hard down incidents on premium support clients
- Achieve quarterly performance goals and initiatives
- Adhere to HIPAA standards and strict security standards
- Analyze ticket trends and recommend process, system, and product improvements
- Curate internal and end-user documentation and training material
- Manage incidents through online ticketing system
What would make you a great fit
- Proficiency with using command-line tools to support services running on remote Linux hosts
- 2 years Deskside Support/Troubleshooting experience
- 2 years experience with remote support and VPN usage
- Ability to learn and adapt to rapid product changes
- Strong client-facing customer service skills
- Ability to translate technical information into user facing communication
- Proficiency in evaluating error log files and proving root cause analysis
- Ability to work independently from a ticketing system and collaboratively through internal communication channels
- Proactive problem solving and forward-learning work ethic
- Prefer a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing requirements and procedures
- Ability to follow projects through to completion with minimal direction and oversight
- Working knowledge of medical imaging terminology and procedures is a plus but not required
- Strong attention to detail surrounding HIPAA compliance and security guidelines
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that provides all the tools needed for data curation, image processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
Headquartered in Minneapolis with offices in the Bay Area, Boston, and Budapest.