Minneapolis or Remote US /
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced and talented Frontend Engineer to join our growing team building the best in class neuroimaging research platform. Our users collect a variety of research data that is carefully curated and indexed, from tabular files to neuroimaging scans. Our Angular UI enables researchers to browse, search, and organize their data; as well as view representations of collected research using a library of built-in components and external application extensions. Successful applicants will have a passion for problem-solving, teamwork, and delivering excellent results.
Work closely with a growing team of engineers and business stakeholders. The development team operates within a lightweight Agile process and is empowered to alter it as needed to achieve team and company objectives.
We’re highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve. Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Plan and execute the development of user interface features
- Collaborate with frontend team members to maintain and improve the application codebases
- Work with backend team members to establish data contracts that suit UI needs
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve UI/UX issues
- Write automated unit tests for application and library code
- Integrate with the QA team to identify end to end test cases
- Guide fellow developers toward best practices in UI code patterns
- Inform architectural decisions and planning for complex projects
- Provide peer coaching and team training as required
What would make you a great fit
- Solid proficiency with JS/CSS/HTML
- Working knowledge of the Angular 10 framework and its design paradigms
- Understanding of best practices interacting with a RESTful API backend
- Creation of self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Usage of Git and associated code review processes and tools
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Ability to identify project dependencies and to engage with the product and engineering teams to make sure they get addressed
- Readiness to provide mentorship to fellow team members
- Professional, precise communication skills, with an inclination toward inclusion and visibility
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that provides all the tools needed for data curation, image processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
Headquartered in Minneapolis with offices in the Bay Area, Boston, and Budapest.