Director of Government Accounts
Remote D.C. Area /
About the Position
Flywheel is seeking a driven and passionate candidate with significant NIH experience, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a proven track record of cultivating strong business relationships within the public health sector. This is an opportunity to establish Flywheel as the preferred data management platform for federally funded biomedical research.
Work closely with a dedicated and growing team of engineers and business stakeholders. We’re highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve. Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Cultivate relationships within government institutions (NIH, DoD, BARDA, etc.) and engage in sales processes with internal stakeholders
- Discover opportunities for business grants and/or grants with current academic partners
- Focus efforts to meet strategic revenue targets across the NIH's Institutes and Centers
- Demonstrate depth-of-knowledge within the industry and gain a holistic understanding of customer's mission, tactics, and priorities
- Build and sustain relationships across existing accounts to facilitate expansion opportunities
- Bring a deep understanding of the customer's internal org structure and processes for proposal consideration and procurement
- Assist the sales team with qualifying, advancing, and closing new opportunities
- Understand and apply quality control and risk procedures in all areas of business development
What would make you a great fit
- Strong scientific background with advanced degree in engineering, physics, biology, biomedical devices or computer science M.S. or PhD preferred
- Experience in sales or account management with government institutions, preferably NIH
- Track record of successful grant writing and deep understanding of the solicitation process
- Solid industry relationships
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that provides all the tools needed for data curation, image processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
Headquartered in Minneapolis with offices in the Bay Area, Boston, and Budapest.