Remote U.S. /
About the Position
Flywheel is seeking an experienced and tenacious Product Owner to join our busy team. Successful applicants will have a passion for problem solving, independent discovery, meticulous documentation, and process improvement. This role requires a collaborative spirit, a high attention to detail, entrepreneurial flexibility, and a commitment to learning and growth.
The goal of this position is to ensure the delivery of the highest value product while managing unexpected obstacles and shifting business needs. You will be the “voice of the product” with our engineering team and deftly occupy the intersection between stakeholder requests and development schedules. You will be responsible to maintain and refine the product requirements while prioritizing the product backlog to focus on the highest impact work for our customers and internal stakeholders. You will manage story breakdown, detailed story specifications, user interface requirements, and acceptance criteria specification for all user stories. As the Product Owner you are responsible for delivering roadmap concepts and maintaining the products.
Work closely with our team of engineers, business stakeholders, and product team in a fast-paced startup environment. The development team operates within a lightweight Agile process and is empowered to alter it as needed to achieve team and company objectives. In this role, you will collaborate closely with other members of the Product team, Project Management, Engineering, Customer Success and Quality Assurance. We’re highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve.
Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value highly-motivated, resilient, and creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Serve as the voice of the customer when working with stakeholders, engineers, project management, and leadership to capture business requirements for features and development tasks.
- Ensure acceptance criteria are clearly defined and verify that story implementation matches requirements.
- Own and prioritize the backlog for a feature area in collaboration with product management.
- Work closely with the engineering team to develop innovative solutions that meet client requirements.
- Prepare and participate in release planning by partnering with project management and QA teams to ensure quality and on-time delivery.
- Participate in kickoffs, reviews, sprint planning meetings, demos, and retros.
- Create and maintain feature and process documentation. Provide just-in-time story elaboration.
- Make decisions adapting to unplanned obstacles to maximize consistency with product roadmap and customer priorities.
- Own acceptance of stories into the baseline.
- Manage the inspect and adapt process to develop stories aimed at improving velocity and quality.
What would make you a great fit
- Proven track record of releasing products and features that meet and exceed business requirements, particularly in the start up space.
- Successful history of building deep product knowledge and understanding of new customers and industries with minimal oversight.
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain concepts at various levels and help facilitate agreement among different points of view.
- Impeccable listening skills and attention to detail.
- A passion for meticulous documentation and process evolution.
- Demonstrated experience of thriving in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Driven by curiosity and creative problem solving. When you see something broken, you can't help but work to fix it.
- Proven ability to deliver to deadline and iterate fast.
- Keep customers top-of-mind.
- Maintain proactive and positive relationships across the organization.
- Experience in a SaaS based environment or medical/healthcare field is a plus, though not required.
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that's transforming the way biomedical and imaging data are managed at leading life sciences, clinical, and academic institutions globally.
Flywheel provides a comprehensive research data solution with all the tools needed for curation, imaging processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
GO STEADY WITH LEVITY
The alchemy of effective teamwork happens when we each take ownership of both the menial and the magical every day. We’re serious, but never stuffy. We keep our cool under pressure because we assume best intentions and maintain perspective. This allows for true teamwork, with a dash of irreverence.
WORK BETTER TOGETHER
We are tenacious and united in our pursuit of solving our customers’ biggest challenges, and no challenge is too big. Diverse backgrounds across our team make us more effective as we listen, absorb, collaborate, and iterate to innovate.
FIGURE IT OUT
We’re obsessed with uncovering the why of any given. Having an open mind allows us to be quick to fail and quick to adapt. We relentlessly pursue continual improvement through learning and imagining new possibilities.
GIVE A SHIT
We’re fueled by grit, boundless energy, and a deep belief that we are doing cool shit. We don’t hesitate to stand up and speak out because we trust that through tough, honest discourse we can drive change and make a real difference for our customers and our mission.